The Student Room Group

Are you bit jealous

I was thinking about my first year recently and my first week first night I'm just wondering 9f this who are commuting to uni are feeling just a little bit jealous of those who are or have moved out in to halls.

Im pretty sure if I had commuted I would have felt very jelous it was bad enough in my 3rd year not having a place for the first week I got a place in the end but that first week or so...

I ask because having graduated I now feel very jealous.

So any way do you feel a little jealous a lot jealous or not jealous at all and why?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes I feel very jealous which is why I'm going to be moving into halls soon. Even though I live a 10 minute car-journey away from the uni. I want to move out and be independent.
Not really
Reply 3
No.
Original post by HistoryGirly
Not really

Original post by Badshah
No.

Why not I mean do you not feel ready to move out is is there another reason?
Original post by jonathanemptage
Why not I mean do you not feel ready to move out is is there another reason?

I do feel ready to move out, i just don't see the point because I live very close to the university, i'd rather not waste thousands on accommodation. Also, i'm only in uni 5 hours a week.
I do feel ready to move out, i just don't see the point because I live very close to the university, i'd rather not waste thousands on accommodation. Also, i'm only in uni 5 hours a week.

Same reason as this. I don't feel jealous, I'm perfectly content with either option. But for me, the cost just isn't worth it. Rather save and get my own place at a later stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah ok i can see that just out of interest how close is very close?

Original post by will2348
Same reason as this. I don't feel jealous, I'm perfectly content with either option. But for me, the cost just isn't worth it. Rather save and get my own place at a later stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do know you get less loan this way?

The loan wouldn't come anywhere near to covering the cost anyway but I get a scholarship so I'm indifferent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
no. I commute an hour (the tube in london) when I go in. But the accommodation is very expensive and just not worth it in comparison.
(edited 9 years ago)

Less than a 15 minute metro away, and literally a 30 second walk from the station
Less than a 15 minute metro away, and literally a 30 second walk from the station

Yeah I guess that would do it especially as I herd the tube will be 24 house soon although if it was over 1/2 an hour well that no matter what would effect your social life.
Reply 12
I'm not jealous, I regret not going into halls now that I've radiated because I could have had a much happier time at Uni rather than becoming TSR's resident clown. But if I had gone in then I probably wouldn't have studied hard enough, met my ex (first love) which is a hard world to imagine, or got close to any of my new friends at home/off-campus. So all in all I have just come to accept that I chose the road I did and (sort of) got to where I needed to in the end! At the very least, I graduated lol
Hugely jealous, and I'm not even at uni yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AaronM1995
Yes I feel very jealous which is why I'm going to be moving into halls soon. Even though I live a 10 minute car-journey away from the uni. I want to move out and be independent.

Original post by mattcam94
Hugely jealous, and I'm not even at uni yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys can always go on a waiting list just go to the accommodation office or give them a call and you will either get put on a waiting list or get a room someone has not turned up for or dropped out from failing that the uni usually has some houses or there are also private halls or finally go to the union they can and will help they had a whole department in my university or go t an estate agent you may find students looking for a house mate to replace someone who has left.

Quick Reply

Latest