The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I seem to have lost my ability to concentrate for more than an hour over the summer, especially with so many thoughts going on in my head atm- I drifted off so many times in the lecture :/
Today I found out that I don't have to pay for my internet :woo:

Nothing else interesting has really happened in the past week, except for me not being in the spirit of studying atm :dry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Oh no I haven't! I'd need the placement to be paid though and im not sure I would be able to find one there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh nice :smile:

I don't know too much about placements but one of my friends is doing a placement for the National Domestic Violence Centre or something and it's paid. Most placements will be paid apart from the ones that haven't been advertised but you could just ring them up and discuss your situation.

Original post by Cloudborn
Hi guys, im just wondering how much in general a first year uni students needs to study to get a 1st. Obviously it differs course to course but a general idea?

Thanks!

This will vary from course to course. What do you study?
I asked another girl that had that interview with me on Tuesday if she'd heard anything back and she has, along with 5 others out of the seven of us who had been interviewed. I don't know what I did wrong and I feel so bad. :frown:

At least I have another interview on Monday. However, if I got the job in the Kindergarten I would not be allowed to speak German to the children which upsets me a bit. :s-smilie:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I don't know too much about placements but one of my friends is doing a placement for the National Domestic Violence Centre or something and it's paid. Most placements will be paid apart from the ones that haven't been advertised but you could just ring them up and discuss your situation.

Business and IR
Original post by Cloudborn
Business and IR

I don't know how much work your course will be but most people I know tend to do 4-6 extra hours of studying a week for each module ignoring the work completed for lectures and tutorials. It also depends how you learn. The more active the learning, the less time you need to devote to studying.

However, on my course (law), I know people who will study ridiculous hours. I don't really study much though. Most of my week hours are consumed by lecture and tutorial preparation and readings. I'm really lazy though and it reflects in my average of 57-58. I have a friend who is averaging a first and she will study around 5-8 extra hours per week per module.
Original post by Elphaba Thropp
I asked another girl that had that interview with me on Tuesday if she'd heard anything back and she has, along with 5 others out of the seven of us who had been interviewed. I don't know what I did wrong and I feel so bad. :frown:

At least I have another interview on Monday. However, if I got the job in the Kindergarten I would not be allowed to speak German to the children which upsets me a bit. :s-smilie:

:hugs:

Do you know what they said to her?

Why can't you speak German to them?
Reply 9487
Time for my first all nighter as a scumbag student :smile: On the menu today is "learn spss in a night!"
Too drunk. Fs. Smoked the last of my cigarettes too, GAHHH. I don't even smoke! I'm such an *******.

Listening to Frozen drinking vodka. DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOOOOWMAN
DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOOOOWMAN?

Okay stop. How are you guys? Anyone awake? YASSS
Original post by samba
Time for my first all nighter as a scumbag student :smile: On the menu today is "learn spss in a night!"

Your uni has probably already told you this but theres a really good book called discovering statistics using spss by andy field that's got me through the past 2 years!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a really interesting placement! Thanks for the info :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i hope this week isn't indicative of the semester :frown:
Woop my open university materials came the other week, now my corse materials are open and I am properly set up on the network everything is looking good for me.

k118 perspectives in health and social care here I come

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snailsareslimy
Too drunk. Fs. Smoked the last of my cigarettes too, GAHHH. I don't even smoke! I'm such an *******.

How's your head treating you today? :tongue:
Original post by snailsareslimy

Loooool wish I was up then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
i hope this week isn't indicative of the semester :frown:

How'd it go?
How'd it go?

went to the drs 3 times to see the urgent doctor and have a blood test, was consequently referred for emergency to the acute medicine unit for potentially CNS inflammation disease- have to have an MRI in a few weeks. I dropped my phone and it blue screened me so I had to fork out money for a new one :/

and on top of that I already have a lot of work to do :frown:
Original post by lilGem
went to the drs 3 times to see the urgent doctor and have a blood test, was consequently referred for emergency to the acute medicine unit for potentially CNS inflammation disease- have to have an MRI in a few weeks. I dropped my phone and it blue screened me so I had to fork out money for a new one :/

and on top of that I already have a lot of work to do :frown:

Oh no :hugs: I hope the MRI goes well. Are you really sick?

I didn't know phones could blue screen.

I may be wrong but were you on the A Level results day thread in 2012?
Oh no :hugs: I hope the MRI goes well. Are you really sick?

I didn't know phones could blue screen.

I may be wrong but were you on the A Level results day thread in 2012?

could potentially be yeah :frown:

I was :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending