The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow 2015 hopefuls!

Hi all,

having made a quick search and not being able to find a similar thread, I have decided to start a new one for anyone applying to Glasgow uni for 2015 entry, so go ahead and introduce yourselves!

Username : MO2898
AS results : ABBCC (maths, physics, Arabic, economics, English L&L)
A2 predicted : AAB (maths, physics, Arabic)
Extras: Lancaster university summer school (July 2014), British Physics Olympiad (Nov 2014)
Course applied for : MSci Astronomy and Physics (AAB typical offer)

Sent my application last Monday, fingers crossed they won't be taking too long with a decision!

Good luck guys.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello!

I'm wondering whether I should apply to glasgow...
Do you know what weighting they place on the UKCAT (before and after) the interview? I didn't do very well (652 avg. and band 1 sjt), although my academics are quite strong (with all A*'s at GCSE and A*A*A for A-levels). Any other uni's that I should consider given these stats?

Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 3
Original post by asdfghjkl10
Hello!

I'm wondering whether I should apply to glasgow...
Do you know what weighting they place on the UKCAT (before and after) the interview? I didn't do very well (652 avg. and band 1 sjt), although my academics are quite strong (with all A*'s at GCSE and A*A*A for A-levels). Any other uni's that I should consider given these stats?

It looks like your academic results are strong indeed! I'd give Glasgow a call on Monday and ask about the UKCAT though as I don't know enough about medicine at uni to be able to advise you. All the best!:smile:
Got my offer from Glasgow yesterday!!!!
Conditional offer for direct entry to 2nd year in Maths and Physics
AAA :biggrin:
so happy !
Reply 5
Congratulations! Adv. highers or A levels?
Reply 6
Original post by rachelc142
Got my offer from Glasgow yesterday!!!!
Conditional offer for direct entry to 2nd year in Maths and Physics
AAA :biggrin:
so happy !

Didn't you have to give an interview? As it says on their website anyone applying to second year has to
Original post by MO2898
Didn't you have to give an interview? As it says on their website anyone applying to second year has to

nope, I was also told this at the open day but they've just given me an offer. I like to think my personal statement impressed XD
Original post by MO2898
Congratulations! Adv. highers or A levels?

I cant tell if this is reply to me or not XD but I am doing A levels if it was :smile: maths f maths and phys
Reply 9
I cant tell if this is reply to me or not XD but I am doing A levels if it was :smile: maths f maths and phys

Haha it was! I really wanted to do FM but my school don't offer it any more :-(
Original post by MO2898
Haha it was! I really wanted to do FM but my school don't offer it any more :-(

oh that's a shame :frown: maybe have a look at the further maths support programme? if you haven't sent your application off yet it would definitely be worth mentioning that you couldn't take it !
Reply 11
oh that's a shame :frown: maybe have a look at the further maths support programme? if you haven't sent your application off yet it would definitely be worth mentioning that you couldn't take it !

I have sent my application off already. So I'm guessing physics and maths will be your only subjects as you'll start in second year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MO2898
I have sent my application off already. So I'm guessing physics and maths will be your only subjects as you'll start in second year?

yeahhh I won't get the third subject thing which is a shame
Username: Kerrias
Higher Results: AAAAB (then AC at Adv Higher)
Extras: Currently studying HNC Social Science, gap year teaching English in France, DALF advanced French exam, running my own French classes for small children, volunteering with adults with learning difficulties, politically active
Applying for: Psychology / Psychology and Politics

Fingers crossed for everyone :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hi,

I'am an international student. I am applying for psychology. My grades - AAAAA, currently studying grammar school in Czech Republic. I have not sent my application yet.
Reply 15
Hey, anyone else doing History/ History of art? I already have a place as I applied for deferred entry!
Original post by terezzz
Hi,

I'am an international student. I am applying for psychology. My grades - AAAAA, currently studying grammar school in Czech Republic. I have not sent my application yet.

I'm also applying for psychology! :bl:! What other unis are you applying to? Is Glasgow your favourite?
Reply 17
Original post by MO2898
Hi all,

having made a quick search and not being able to find a similar thread, I have decided to start a new one for anyone applying to Glasgow uni for 2015 entry, so go ahead and introduce yourselves!

Username : MO2898
AS results : AABB (maths, physics, Arabic, economics)
A2 predicted : AAB (maths, physics, Arabic)
Extras: Lancaster university summer school (July 2014), British Physics Olympiad (Nov 2014)
Course applied for : MSci Astronomy and Physics (AAB typical offer)

Sent my application last Monday, fingers crossed they won't be taking too long with a decision!

Good luck guys.

username: Niamh09
higher results: AAAAB
predicted higher and advanced higher grades: AAAA
course applying for: History
I got an unconditional for parasitology today :biggrin: I only applied yesterday! So happy

I got AAAAA in my highers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying for business economics ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest