The Student Room Group

You know you're a mature student when...

Scroll to see replies

When all your younger classmates are all bouncy over going to the Union after class and you cant wait to get home to your frilly slippers and hot water bottle instead :tongue:

When you actually go to uni/college to learn and progress and not just for the stereotypical drunken student life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't have to have a 'meeting' if you turn in hungover.
"Do you have Tinder?"
"What? Are you lighting a fire? I think Jessica said something about having a 'kindle' in her bag, maybe you can use that too."
you are being mature
Original post by Schadenfreude65
You talk about some recent event, and another student says "oh yeah, that was the year I was born."

Class post. :lol:
Original post by Schadenfreude65
You talk about some recent event, and another student says "oh yeah, that was the year I was born."

I get this with work colleagues sometimes, and I'm only a 1991 baby. :frown:
Reply 26
"How old are you? Oh you're older than my Mum!"
Original post by Klix88
"How old are you? Oh you're older than my Mum!"

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
"Is spongebob squarepants a sponge? like a sponge in the sink sponge?" "what is the relationship with him and that starfish?" "what!? his boss is a crab!? "how does that work!?"
Original post by Anonynous
Class post. :lol:

When the seminar tutor is years younger than you and you have to discuss thatcherism and only one of you lived through her time in power and its you! #awkward
When people ask you why you were on the train/bus or walking with a rucksack the other day, instead of at work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snowyowl
I get this with work colleagues sometimes, and I'm only a 1991 baby. :frown:

Oh, that was the year my son was born ... wait ...
You know you're a mature student when you line up for a student night and the bouncer says...

... not you grandad. :frown:
Original post by noobynoo
You know you're a mature student when you line up for a student night and the bouncer says...

... not you grandad. :frown:

How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you should be revising, but you're procrastinating, and what you need is a parental figure to stand over you to make sure you're working, and then you remember that you ARE the parental figure.
Reply 36
Original post by Old_Simon
Yes this is a teenage thing. Put any large group together and they immediately divide into exclusive gangs. Weird.

A teenage thing? I don't agree, I've seen many an adult do just the same. Cliques are social thing for people who are insecure, and you don't (always) stop being a socially insecure person when you're an adult.
Original post by Spock's Socks
When all your younger classmates are all bouncy over going to the Union after class and you cant wait to get home to your frilly slippers and hot water bottle instead :tongue:

When you actually go to uni/college to learn and progress and not just for the stereotypical drunken student life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
"Do you have Tinder?"
"What? Are you lighting a fire? I think Jessica said something about having a 'kindle' in her bag, maybe you can use that too."

What a fail, I just realised I've reped comments that are both two years old.

I guess I'm going senile.:smile:
Reply 38
Original post by JamesN88
What a fail, I just realised I've reped comments that are both two years old.

I guess I'm going senile.:smile:

Don't worry bout it - I enjoyed being reminded about my post!

P.S. The answer to my question "How long can I string this out?" Is... Seven and a half years in unis and counting! Still living the dream - even getting paid for it these days :smile:
Original post by Klix88
Don't worry bout it - I enjoyed being reminded about my post!

P.S. The answer to my question "How long can I string this out?" Is... Seven and a half years in unis and counting! Still living the dream - even getting paid for it these days :smile:

You managed to resume your PhD then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending