The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
its open every year, they just open it at a stupid time, like 4 weeks before the deadline specified. You need serious, serious extra currics to get a sniff, 3 of the 40 people who got on it last year were last years warwick finance exec, with like 10 spring weeks and 3 summer internship conversions minimum between them. facing second years is daunting haha.

bloody hell, that doesn't sound fun to compete against!
Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me any links/ advice on how to prepare for things like numerical tests/ situational judgement tests etc.

Thanks!
Original post by Sarah13579
Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me any links/ advice on how to prepare for things like numerical tests/ situational judgement tests etc.

Thanks!

Read the first part http://canarywharfian.co.uk/threads/how-to-get-a-spring-week-part-ii.68/
Does anyone know when HSBC SW open?
Original post by Refrigerator
bloody hell, that doesn't sound fun to compete against!

of course not bro, but its mckinsey haha. MBB are probably the hardest firms to sneak into at entry graduate level.
maybe this is just me again but these logical reasoning tests aka which form comes after the sequence are actually worse than numerical tests. just did UBS's
is anyone having trouble getting onto the UBS insights page? I can't get past the apply link
Original post by kingofbanking
is anyone having trouble getting onto the UBS insights page? I can't get past the apply link

I have tried from two different laptop and i am still unable to apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1088
Anyone know roughly how many places GS have for their Spring programme?
Original post by CD315
Anyone know roughly how many places GS have for their Spring programme?

Absolutely loads. Think 60-80 per division or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1090
Original post by Aenigma
Absolutely loads. Think 60-80 per division or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good sign I guess.
Is it bad if I apply at the end of October? Is it like too late? My uni just started 3 days ago as well so trying to get as much stuff done before I apply.
Reply 1092
Original post by Dilzo999
Is it bad if I apply at the end of October? Is it like too late? My uni just started 3 days ago as well so trying to get as much stuff done before I apply.

I know people who applied half way through November and were successful to the likes of Deutsche and a few others.
Which banks fast-track and/or may offer a Summer internship position for their spring week interns? I know that Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley do. What about the others?
Original post by REAMIL73
Which banks fast-track and/or may offer a Summer internship position for their spring week interns? I know that Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley do. What about the others?

All. That's basically the point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha true thanks for your answer. To what extent and what about the conversion rate? :smile:
Freshers week has distracted me from my applications :colondollar:
Anyone else feeling REALLY behind on SW stuff?

I have my CV fully sorted after taking it to a SW CV panel at uni but I'm yet to start any cover letters because I just don't know enough about what I need to talk about and the layout etc.
Theres loads of SW help at uni coming up but I feel like its all too late because everyone on here seems to have sent off loads of applications already. Ive spoken to a couple of second years who did spring weeks and they all said to wait until late october/early november before applying to get all the help you can from uni but I just feel like its way too late :frown:
Original post by Bloxorus

I have my CV fully sorted after taking it to a SW CV panel at uni but I'm yet to start any cover letters because I just don't know enough about what I need to talk about and the layout etc.
Theres loads of SW help at uni coming up but I feel like its all too late because everyone on here seems to have sent off loads of applications already. Ive spoken to a couple of second years who did spring weeks and they all said to wait until late october/early november before applying to get all the help you can from uni but I just feel like its way too late :frown:

It's not too late - you've got ages. Most places haven't even started summer recruitment yet or have only just started. Barclays only started summer recruitment last week.
Original post by Bloxorus

I've already had the Barclays presentation evening at my university and all the people currently on the team said that they didn't send their applications off until early November at the earliest, some even sending them off just at the start of December! So you've got plenty of time left, try not to panic about applications, just make sure you don't rush them and include everything you can to give you the best chance of getting an offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending