The Student Room Group

Birmingham A101 2015 Entry

Any other graduates thinking of applying here!? Third application cycle for myself! Hoping to get lucky this time! :yes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Original post by AishaNeuro
Any other graduates thinking of applying here!? Third application cycle for myself! Hoping to get lucky this time! :yes:

I am! What are your stats? Btw, just to confirm, do we need AAA at Alevel? Or will AABa (B in chem) be ok?
where else are you applying
Reply 2
Original post by Iamleah

I am! What are your stats? Btw, just to confirm, do we need AAA at Alevel? Or will AABa (B in chem) be ok?
where else are you applying

Well i was under the impression that with a First and decent A level( I have AAB) and GCSE grades (6A*s / 6As) i may stand a chance lol. What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Well i was under the impression that with a First and decent A level( I have AAB) and GCSE grades (6A*s / 6As) i may stand a chance lol. What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah. I hope so too! First class honours, AABa, 7A* 3 A's.
how would they then differentiate between us all :/. Im also worried about my B in chemistry :s
Reply 4
Original post by Iamleah
Hahah. I hope so too! First class honours, AABa, 7A* 3 A's.
how would they then differentiate between us all :/. Im also worried about my B in chemistry :s

I have no idea! I'm just hoping they don't care too much about the B in chem :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
wat r their entry requirements ?
Reply 6
I'm applying for Birmingham too. I'm a science graduate with a 1st class honours, 4.5A*s and 5As and A*AAb at A Level. My highest grade for English and Maths are at As too. I'm currently finishing up on my personal statement but I plan on sending my UCAS application of by next Monday :/
Anyone applying who did IB Diploma?:smile:
Reply 8
I think i've made a mistake applying to Birmingham - I have A in GCSE maths but got a B in AS maths.. I think they want an A in your highest maths qualification dont they? Arggh!
Reply 9
Did anyone receive an acknowledgement email after sending off their ucas application?
Reply 10
Original post by Iamleah
Did anyone receive an acknowledgement email after sending off their ucas application?

Nope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Iamleah

I got one a few days later
Reply 12
Their entry requirements are a First in a science, and B's in Chemistry and Biology at A level, with "normally" an A in GCSE Maths and English.

So you should all stop panicking :P

I actually called up because I have a B in GCSE Maths, and they told me not to worry about it.

My stats are a First in BSc Biomed, A*AB (Psychology, Biology, Chemistry) and 10 A's and 4 B's at GCSE.

I don't know how they are going to differentiate between us all either. Hopefully PS but who knows.
Reply 13
I haven't received an acknowledgment email yet :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by hawflo
I haven't received an acknowledgment email yet :frown:

I got it 2 days after I sent the application. I'm sure you'll get it soon! :smile:
Reply 15
The B'ham undergrad applicants are starting to get interviews, has anyone for GEP?!

I got an email today saying my application was being forwarded for further consideration...
Reply 16
Original post by p90rsk
The B'ham undergrad applicants are starting to get interviews, has anyone for GEP?!

I got an email today saying my application was being forwarded for further consideration...

I got that email too. No signs of GEP interviews yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I got that email too. No signs of GEP interviews yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting! Fingers and toes crossed.
Reply 18
Original post by p90rsk
Interesting! Fingers and toes crossed.

Quite envious of the undergrads for getting interviews haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by p90rsk

Me too! I heard that too so I'm scared :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending