The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I have received my PARTNERS decision in the post, and I have judged not to be eligible. I do not quite understand how this decision was reached. Neither of my parents have been to university, and I have checked my father's NS-SEC classification and it appears to be five. Is there a way to appeal the decision? He is a domestic appliance repairer who is not a business owner.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Anyone got any offers yet?
Nope, still waiting.
Wondering what makes the perfect Personal Statement when you're applying to Newcastle University?

Get the inside info from our experts during this live webinar on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81zZ0tFRvZg)

The panel includes recent graduates from Newcastle University as well as Academic Selectors from our Science Agriculture and Engineering and Humanities and Social Sciences faculties, who read and assess the personal statements and applications that come in to the university.

To ask a question just tweet with the hashtag #NCLanswers or post to this event wall. We'll then pose the questions to our panel during the live broadcast.

http://on.fb.me/123ChUZ

Reply 44
Hi

Any advice for applying to the Creative Writing course for 2015?

Also, I am applying from India and will have all my documents in place and ready for application in the next couple of weeks. The only thing missing will be my IELTS score; I won't be able to take the test before December (next available slot) but I was wondering if I'll be able to submit my application without it and supply the test scores in December?

Will this affect my application in any way?

Thanks
Reply 45
Hey,

I've applied for both the dentistry BDS course and biomedical sciences at Newcastle University for 2015 entry.
When do biomedical sciences offers begin coming out (I applied 10 days ago). And around when do dentistry interview invites begin to be sent?
Are there any other IB applicants here? I was predicted 42 points and achieved 2680 for UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm quite happy now. I got my first offer today and it was from Newcastle. I applied for history and got an offer for AAA.
Got a Newcastle offer today for Biomedical Science :biggrin: (AAB) Very happy!
Some courses prefer to wait until all of the applications have been received and then give out offers in January apparently :frown: I've applied for Modern Languages but I'm not sure if I'm going to be kept waiting!
Reply 49
Hello, I am just wondering if I will be eligible for the partnership scheme. I go to a partnership school and none of my parents have any experience in higher education, only one parent works (the other is unable to because of health reasons). Also, if I am eligible, how many grades can I expect the typical offer to drop by?

Finally, I have been trying to access the recent webinar about personal statements, but it seems that the video has been made private. Are there any other sites where I can access this webinar?

Many thanks,
Josh.
Original post by JoshZ
Hello, I am just wondering if I will be eligible for the partnership scheme. I go to a partnership school and none of my parents have any experience in higher education, only one parent works (the other is unable to because of health reasons). Also, if I am eligible, how many grades can I expect the typical offer to drop by?

Finally, I have been trying to access the recent webinar about personal statements, but it seems that the video has been made private. Are there any other sites where I can access this webinar?

Many thanks,
Josh.

Hi Josh, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

It would be worth you emailing [email protected] with those details as they'll assess you on an individual basis.

Try http://www.oncourse2ncl.co.uk/personal-statement-webinar/ for the personal statements webinar :smile:

Rachel
Reply 51
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Josh, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

It would be worth you emailing [email protected] with those details as they'll assess you on an individual basis.

Try http://www.oncourse2ncl.co.uk/personal-statement-webinar/ for the personal statements webinar :smile:

Rachel

Also, if I apply for the partnership programme does that mean I have to wait to see if I am eligible for the programme or not before submitting my UCAS application?
Original post by dbose
Hi

Any advice for applying to the Creative Writing course for 2015?

Also, I am applying from India and will have all my documents in place and ready for application in the next couple of weeks. The only thing missing will be my IELTS score; I won't be able to take the test before December (next available slot) but I was wondering if I'll be able to submit my application without it and supply the test scores in December?

Will this affect my application in any way?

Thanks

Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Students can start their application at any point and return to complete it later. We would advise you to start your application as soon as possible and add information such as IELTS scores as it becomes available :smile: All applications should be submitted before the deadline, and any submitted afterwards may not be accepted.

I hope that answers your question,

Rachel
Original post by JoshZ
Also, if I apply for the partnership programme does that mean I have to wait to see if I am eligible for the programme or not before submitting my UCAS application?

Hi again Josh,

You'll be best contacting the email I previously provided with all of your details for a response from the PARTNERS team :smile:

Rachel
Hi I'm thinking of applying for Economics and Mathematics Bsc at newcastle my predicted grades are AAC in ICT,Economics and Maths. Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer.
Reply 55
Any thoughts/feedback on the Engineering Geology / Environmental Engineering postgraduate courses ?
Any other Classics applicants for Newcastle here? I applied in the second week of October but no reply yet other than the acknowledgement. Oh, the suspense! :K:
Hi! I just sent in my application on Wednesday, and I applied for the media, culture and communication course. Just how long on average do they take to send out acknowledgement emails and acceptances? crossing my fingers tightly for newcastle! i had a look at the modules and i really liked them
Original post by sammybunnie
Hi! I just sent in my application on Wednesday, and I applied for the media, culture and communication course. Just how long on average do they take to send out acknowledgement emails and acceptances? crossing my fingers tightly for newcastle! i had a look at the modules and i really liked them

Hi Sammy,

It's great to hear you've applied to study Media, Culture and Communications. It's a great course with 100% student satisfaction :smile:

Our admissions teams are working through applications now and will be in touch soon. Unfortunately I can't give an exact time that you will hear back but don't worry we're working as fast as we can and we'll get back to you soon.

In the meantime, take a look at our student blogs to give you an insight in to what it's like to be a student here at Newcastle. This one is written by a student who studies Media, Culture and Communications http://www.oncourse2ncl.co.uk/author/ghangaa/

Thanks

Anna
Original post by Robertus
Any other Classics applicants for Newcastle here? I applied in the second week of October but no reply yet other than the acknowledgement. Oh, the suspense! :K:

Hi Robertus.

Thanks for the post - our admissions teams are working through applications now and they're being processed as soon as possible. Each subject works to different timescales so I can't give you an exact timescale but don't worry. You'll hear back from us as soon as we've made a decision. In the meantime, you may want to take a look at Classics Facebook or Twitter account to keep you to date with what happening https://www.facebook.com/classicsatnewcastle or https://twitter.com/ClassicsNCL

Thanks

Anna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending