The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys! I'm applying for BSc Maths and Stats first year entry, sending my application off tomorrow! :smile:
AS grades were AAAB in Maths, Biology, English Lit and Chemistry (b in chemistry)
Dropped chemistry and have A2 predictions A*A*A.
Also applying for:
LSE, Newcastle, St Andrews, Dundee

Good luck everyone :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by checkmate14
Got a conditional offer on Wednesday to study Maths, A*AA for second year entry. Exciting!

Congrats! What maths course did you apply for? :smile:
Original post by michele394
i'm also an American applying :smile: for biomedical sciences
what are you all applying for?

I'm an American applying for International relations. When did you submit your UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know exactly how competitive Edinburgh courses are? I was given very little guidance filling out my UCAS form and for some reason it never occured to me that I should fill in my UMS grades despite getting 4 high As at AS level...Add to this an irrelevant and unprofessional reference and I'm convinced I am doomed to no offers - I'm especially worried about Edinburgh, one of my top choices :frown: Please someone reassure me here
Original post by fajita.and.friends
Does anyone know exactly how competitive Edinburgh courses are? I was given very little guidance filling out my UCAS form and for some reason it never occured to me that I should fill in my UMS grades despite getting 4 high As at AS level...Add to this an irrelevant and unprofessional reference and I'm convinced I am doomed to no offers - I'm especially worried about Edinburgh, one of my top choices :frown: Please someone reassure me here

I didn't fill out UMS on ucas , didn't see the point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
I got a conditional offer for Japanese and Linguistics from Edinburgh today! I was really surprised since the minimum entry requirements for this course was pretty high (thus lowered my expectations) but yay for an offer! I applied last Sunday if anyone's wondering about the timeframe between sending in application and the offer being sent.
Original post by nfir
I got a conditional offer for Japanese and Linguistics from Edinburgh today! I was really surprised since the minimum entry requirements for this course was pretty high (thus lowered my expectations) but yay for an offer! I applied last Sunday if anyone's wondering about the timeframe between sending in application and the offer being sent.

Congrats! Did they ask you for the minimum entry requirement? :smile:
Original post by nfir

Congrats on your offer! :biggrin: I'm looking to apply for Linguistics (or Scandinavian Studies and Linguistics, not certain yet) and was wandering what the conditions of your offer were? Just a bit worried I might get my hopes up!
Original post by callmethed0ctor
Congrats! What maths course did you apply for? :smile:

A Masters in just plain ol' straight up Mathematics :P
is anyone applying for the MSc in literature at edinburgh?
Original post by nellybelly29
I'm an American applying for International relations. When did you submit your UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

monday 13th october :smile: i've heard that the offers come back quicker from edinburgh for international students so hopefully it won't be too long!
Reply 151
Applying for Vet Med! :biggrin:
Reply 152
Applying for Business Management. Worried though as I'm a 'mature' student with an HNC in an unrelated subject, but have relevant work experience. Other universities have been very keen - QMU, Napier & Heriot Watt... I'll try my luck.
Reply 153
Alright guys

I'm applying for Msci Physics. Currently doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Sitting on AS grades of ABB in maths, physics and computing, but predicted A*A*A* in the three subjects I'm doing (computing is horrible and I hate it).

This is my second time applying for uni, and my second time applying for Edinburgh too. Last year they rejected me for Maths, when I was predicted ABB.

Anyone getting offers coming in? I applied on 15/10 but still nothing.

And by the way, if/when I get an offer, can I change to second year entry (subject to performance)? I'm not sure I like the 5 year idea, that's an extra few thousand pounds of debt.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 42000
Alright guys

I'm applying for Msci Physics. Currently doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Sitting on AS grades of ABB in maths, physics and computing, but predicted A*A*A* in the three subjects I'm doing (computing is horrible and I hate it).

This is my second time applying for uni, and my second time applying for Edinburgh too. Last year they rejected me for Maths, when I was predicted ABB.

Anyone getting offers coming in? I applied on 15/10 but still nothing.

And by the way, if/when I get an offer, can I change to second year entry (subject to performance)? I'm not sure I like the 5 year idea, that's an extra few thousand pounds of debt.

I applied to do Maths and Physics w direct entry to 2nd year on the 28th September and still haven't received an offer, only acknowledgement.
I applied for exactly the same course with 2nd yr entry again at Glasgow and received an offer within four days.
(Got AAAC at AS and predicted A*A*A*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to University of Edinburgh connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Reply 156
Original post by rachelc142
I applied to do Maths and Physics w direct entry to 2nd year on the 28th September and still haven't received an offer, only acknowledgement.
I applied for exactly the same course with 2nd yr entry again at Glasgow and received an offer within four days.
(Got AAAC at AS and predicted A*A*A*)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's reassuring if nothing else. Why second year entry and not first?
Original post by 42000
That's reassuring if nothing else. Why second year entry and not first?

Because I don't want to repeat topics I've already learnt basically :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Original post by rachelc142
Because I don't want to repeat topics I've already learnt basically :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sensible. On their website they mention the entry requirements are higher; if you don't make the second year requirements in August, could you ask to be put into first year?

Where else did you apply to, anyway?
Hi everyone :smile:
I'm applying to Edinburgh for English Literature. I'm also applying to Oxford, Durham, Bristol (received an offer on Friday :biggrin:) and Exeter.
Edinburgh's acknowledged my application, but I'm just wondering how long it usually takes for them to give out offers?
Is anyone else applying for English Literature?

Quick Reply