The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Offer already for VL22 - International History and Politics at AAA
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Bc99
Offer already for VL22 - International History and Politics at AAA

Congrats! Is Leeds where you want to go?
Reply 62
Original post by beaverhausen
Congrats! Is Leeds where you want to go?

Second choice after Edinburgh if I get a place!

How about you?
What course are you thinking of applying for?
Law LLB

What are you currently studying?
Politics, History and Psychology. I did English Lit at AS too. I got AAAA and I am now predicted A*A*A!

Why Leeds?

I absolutely LOVED the campus atmosphere and everywhere was really lovely. I originally was going to apply to Politics w/ Parliamentary Studies but I changed my mind over the summer, so I didn't get to see the law department.

Have you been to visit?
Indeed I have, but as above
[s]rolleyes[/s]
I've also applied to Cambridge, KCL (Politics, philosophy & law), Leicester (Law and politics) and Warwick!
Original post by Bc99
Second choice after Edinburgh if I get a place!

How about you?

I'm so undecided x.x It's Leeds or Bath for the first choice, but I don't think I'll get the Bath offer. Then Birmingham is second (:
Original post by Missgeehughes
x

Good luck! Have you got any offers yet?
Reply 66
hi everyone!
applying for French and Linguistics and got a conditional offer from Leeds:smile:
also applying to Cambridge (linguistics), Durham (modern languages), Edinburgh and Newcastle!
Good luck! Have you got any offers yet?

Nope! It's getting me really worried :frown:
For the A2L scheme, does it have to be in at the same time as your application?
Original post by Missgeehughes
Nope! It's getting me really worried :frown:

Aw, no don't do that! There is still time for universities to reply, a ton of school are now probably rushing to get as many students to apply before half term. There's probably a large influx that's why. I'm sure you'll get an offer soon enough (:

edit: As for the A2L, no it doesn't have to be. The deadline is in February for non-medical students. If you've sent it after your application I imagine they may provide you with the standard offer and once they've received your A2L application they'd update it with the A2L offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Aw, no don't do that! There is still time for universities to reply, a ton of school are now probably rushing to get as many students to apply before half term. There's probably a large influx that's why. I'm sure you'll get an offer soon enough (:

edit: As for the A2L, no it doesn't have to be. The deadline is in February for non-medical students. If you've sent it after your application I imagine they may provide you with the standard offer and once they've received your A2L application they'd update it with the A2L offer.

I guess so, it's so scary though haha!

Awesome! Thank you :smile:
Reply 71
Yeah, he didn't mind too much. I've submitted the form already but the deadline is ages away so there's still time to apply, I was just eager to do it before I sent UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you sent your UCAS form now? I've paid for it but my college is being such a pain :frown:

Also, I saw that your second choice is Birmingham. It's where I'm from and I work with loads of people who go to UoB so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grx_
Have you sent your UCAS form now? I've paid for it but my college is being such a pain :frown:

Also, I saw that your second choice is Birmingham. It's where I'm from and I work with loads of people who go to UoB so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I sent mine and paid on Monday, my sixth form is being soo slow about it. They said it would be all completed by today but it still says they have approved or started the reference :frown: It's making me really antsy since ucas will be down on Friday.

And thanks! I haven't been to visit but what's your opinion of the city? Is it quite lively, student friendly etc?
Reply 73
Yeah I sent mine and paid on Monday, my sixth form is being soo slow about it. They said it would be all completed by today but it still says they have approved or started the reference :frown: It's making me really antsy since ucas will be down on Friday.

And thanks! I haven't been to visit but what's your opinion of the city? Is it quite lively, student friendly etc?

Wait ucas will be down on Friday? My teacher said she'll send it on friday st the latest :redface: I hate how they have to make us wait when we've already done our part :frown:

The city is really lively, I always say I would've applied if I'm not from here but I live 5 minutes away from the uni :frown: I work at a bar and I freshers was just crazy I think I remember the psychology society there at one point.

It's really student friendly cause there's loads of young people, I think something like 60% of the city are under 30. There's always something going on like fairs, festivals, the German Market is quite soon and that's really exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grx_
x

That sounds sooo good, I really like to keep busy and there's always something to do here so it's great that I won't have to change that.

And yeah, it's down for 3 days starting Friday T_T I cried when I saw it. It's so frustrating, I wish they would have at least started writing something, I know my teachers have done their part it's just my referee that needs to put it all together and then go through the head of sixthform. Sometimes I have bureaucracy -.-
Reply 75
That sounds sooo good, I really like to keep busy and there's always something to do here so it's great that I won't have to change that.

And yeah, it's down for 3 days starting Friday T_T I cried when I saw it. It's so frustrating, I wish they would have at least started writing something, I know my teachers have done their part it's just my referee that needs to put it all together and then go through the head of sixthform. Sometimes I have bureaucracy -.-

Same! I'd hate to get bored but I like lazy days as well haha. That's why I really want to go to Leeds I'd be so gutted if I don't get in.

This is terrible :frown: I know offers won't run out and the January deadline is ages away but we've done our part and getting offers would be such a good form of encouragement. I just really want to get it out of my to-do list for now :frown: is the 3 days just the weekend or until wednesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grx_
Same! I'd hate to get bored but I like lazy days as well haha. That's why I really want to go to Leeds I'd be so gutted if I don't get in.

This is terrible :frown: I know offers won't run out and the January deadline is ages away but we've done our part and getting offers would be such a good form of encouragement. I just really want to get it out of my to-do list for now :frown: is the 3 days just the weekend or until wednesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think positively! I'm sure you will get an offer (: I'm probably getting waaaay ahead of myself but I've already started to look at accommodation

It's until the 27th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Think positively! I'm sure you will get an offer (: I'm probably getting waaaay ahead of myself but I've already started to look at accommodation

It's until the 27th

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm sure you will too! Haha not at all I've been looking too! I think it's good that we get as much information as possible.

Okay that's not too bad I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Applying for Actuarial Maths (AAA requirements and predicted AAA, hopefully I'll get an offer) Leeds is definitely going to be my firm if I get an offer though
Original post by CamIX
Applying for Actuarial Maths (AAA requirements and predicted AAA, hopefully I'll get an offer) Leeds is definitely going to be my firm if I get an offer though

Good luck! Have you sent your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest