The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Nursing degree in carlisle 2015

I am currently looking into starting a nursing degree in the carlisle uni from September 2015 onwards. I was just wondering if you have any tips or advice as to my application or anything else. I'm what you would class as a mature student as I will be 26 by the time I start the course. I have the relevant experience and qualifications for entry so that isn't a problem. What would you have liked to know earlier on in the application process that you know now? What do I have to do to stand out among the applicants? Did you find the application process difficult? What about sorting out the finance side of it? If my total household income is now around £14,000 how much should I expect to get? Any help is much appreciated. And I would love to get to know anyone starting in the same year or course as me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hello hello......I'm in pretty much the exact same situation as you, except, im 32....33 by the time i start uni :frown:...oh well.....i guess that's what mature students are for :smile:....are you going to the open day next saturday?..would be great to meet up....i have many questions too. I attended the Bristol uni open day and i was able to meet and question other mature students and lecturers!!!! wasa great day....i'll let you know if i find out any info if ure not going though. Am in the process of writing my personal statement for the 100th time:frown:....too much to say and not enough space.....want to get it done and out of the way now,and i'm procrastinating on here :smile:....will keep you posted :smile:...ps what nursing are you applying for? i'm applying for adult nursing :smile:
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Hi Guys, I've applied for Adult nursing in Lancaster campus. I'm a mature student too, I'll be 33 by the time the course starts. Never too late and all that!! I haven't heard anything from Cumbria since they asked me to clarify my educational qualifications to date. That was at the start of October. I'm hoping its a good sign. Any of ye heard anything??
Reply 3
i was at the open day this weekend....loved it. even check out a bit of Lancaster main town as well, and loved that too. Had a bit of a scary moment with regards to maths qualifications, but have now enrolled on a GCSE course at my college, just to doubly mmake sure that i am accepted on the course! EMT Ireland, smae age as me when i start..glad i wont be the only 1. I was talking to one of the lecturers and she seemed to think that most of the students were mature students in cumbria university, made me feel a bit better, smaller class sizes and lots of attention. I;m so excited....just hope i get in! :smile:
Reply 4
ps, they did say they start interviews as early as dec, and interview until July.....heard the interview process is quite hard, but probably not that different from other universities....since nursing is so popular!!!!
Reply 5
Any of you got any news. I have an interview in Jan(21st)...nervous already!
Congrats! I have an interview next Wednesday for children's nursing! So nervous! Got a maths test, video session thing and one to one interview as well as a campus tour :/ apparently its the hardest place to interview for x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys, no sign of a call to interview yet. When did you get yours? and was it by post or email? Congrats on the interview.
Original post by EMT Ireland
Hi Guys, no sign of a call to interview yet. When did you get yours? and was it by post or email? Congrats on the interview.

Hey, have you had an interview here yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by courtcarter_
Congrats! I have an interview next Wednesday for children's nursing! So nervous! Got a maths test, video session thing and one to one interview as well as a campus tour :/ apparently its the hardest place to interview for x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, how was your interview? I have on for children's nursing next month! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending