The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by tomixox
Hey guys! I applied for L101 - straight economics on the 13th October. I received the following email on the 15th:

' are very pleased that you have applied to study BSc in Economics at LSE.

This email is confirmation of receipt of your application. Decisions are made on a rolling basis, and we will aim to make a decision on your application within 12 weeks and no later than 31 March 2015 (whichever is earlier). We will be emailing you every few weeks to update you on the progress of your application.' Blah blah blah

However, my email clearly states TWELVE weeks. After reading the thread most applicants state that their acknowledgement email stated TWO weeks - should I be worried???????

At the bottom it should day we will get back to you within two weeks to inform you of the status of your application. Does it say that? Have you received a questionnaire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I'M PREDICTED A, B, B an I want to do Geography should I go to LSE??
Original post by sr-96
At the bottom it should day we will get back to you within two weeks to inform you of the status of your application. Does it say that? Have you received a questionnaire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah it does ☺️☺️☺️☺️ thankyou!!! No I haven't yet - my two weeks is on Mondayso perhaps I'll get it over the weekend? Have you? What does the questionnaire entail? Thanks for replying x
Reply 343
Original post by tomixox
Oh yeah it does ☺️☺️☺️☺️ thankyou!!! No I haven't yet - my two weeks is on Mondayso perhaps I'll get it over the weekend? Have you? What does the questionnaire entail? Thanks for replying x

I haven't got it yet, it will be two weeks next Wednesday. But they might reply a little later knowing LSE. I just hope its not an outright rejection:tongue: The questionnaire just asks for your UMS scores in each of your modules and may ask why you haven't done further maths if you are applying for a maths based course:smile: I don't think they will send the questionnaires over the weekend as the admissions department closes:redface: You're welcome!
(edited 9 years ago)
so do they reject people before the questionnaire?
Original post by uncleshneb

It's a possibility
Reply 346

I think judging by last years thread, they can do.
okay thanks, I'm guessing the majority get the questionnaire though
I got my 8 week email yesterday for straight Economics without a questionnaire.
Original post by JimmyElectron
I got my 8 week email yesterday for straight Economics without a questionnaire.

Did it actually say 8 weeks though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Did it actually say 8 weeks though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is the email:

I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to the LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is now under consideration by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Economics programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.
Here is the email:

I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to the LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is now under consideration by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Economics programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

I haven't got anything since I sent my UMS off to them on the online form. Did you get that email after you did this? And is this for L101?

Posted from TSR Mobile
no you shouldn't get an email,they said the receipt at the end of the ums questionnaire is confirmation
no you shouldn't get an email,they said the receipt at the end of the ums questionnaire is confirmation

Yeah I saw but I had no time scale attached to mine. Was just confused when people are saying that they will hear back in 8 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
I haven't got anything since I sent my UMS off to them on the online form. Did you get that email after you did this? And is this for L101?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am an international applicant and I did not receive the questionnaire before I got the 8 week email. Yup L101. I received the 2 week email on 6th Oct and received the 8 week on 23rd Oct.
I am an international applicant and I did not receive the questionnaire before I got the 8 week email. Yup L101. I received the 2 week email on 6th Oct and received the 8 week on 23rd Oct.

Ok fair enough. I'll just have to wait. Bit concerned over the maths - i will only have AS FM. Also the PS seems to be a key part of the selection and is one of the main reasons for rejection so unsure how they will see mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied on the 13th for Economics, should I have got any emails yet? (other than acknowledgement)
Bit worried :s-smilie:
Original post by tomixox
Hey guys! I applied for L101 - straight economics on the 13th October. I received the following email on the 15th:

' are very pleased that you have applied to study BSc in Economics at LSE.

This email is confirmation of receipt of your application. Decisions are made on a rolling basis, and we will aim to make a decision on your application within 12 weeks and no later than 31 March 2015 (whichever is earlier). We will be emailing you every few weeks to update you on the progress of your application.' Blah blah blah

However, my email clearly states TWELVE weeks. After reading the thread most applicants state that their acknowledgement email stated TWO weeks - should I be worried???????

Yours is the acknowledgement email. You should get one after this, which will say two. You're good, don't worry.
Reply 358
Hi guys! I applied to PPE and got my 8-week email on the 20th (sent my application on the 12th) but with no questionnaire attached. Is this a bad sign? :frown:
Nope, I am a fellow PPE applicant and had the same thing. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending