The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Top_Hat
It's the evil other users that click onto the thread and want to dash your hopes. 13 now as well...

I think this has been mentioned before. TSR users are usually classed as the higher end and it gets a bad reputation because of it. Those that get those grades are more likely to tell you than others for example. In the scheme of things 13 people isn't really a threat to anyone hah. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the percentages either; 10% of all applicants are not expected to have 99-100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also rubgangsci is like almost identical candidate to me lol
Reply 842
Original post by 08simsek429
You're right. I found my login details and there was no changes in the VIP Bristol page. So it's 100% Southampton. Thanks.

JS - when I got an offer from Bristol there were no changes on the VIP page
It's the evil other users that click onto the thread and want to dash your hopes. 13 now as well...

where is this poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying for Bio NatSci chosen their topic for interview yet?
Original post by physicsmaths
where is this poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not visible on mobile app. Desktop only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made a Cambridge Economics interview tips thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2936073

Would be beneficial for all of us to share ideas/tips. Would be great if those that have been through the process could post things that they would have done better in preparation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rainybird
Just got an email from Southampton! You were right. :biggrin: :biggrin: tell me if you get one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeeee! Congratulations. I got my email as well but still have to wait until Monday for UCAS to start working to find out the specific details of the offer.
Reply 848
Original post by EHZ17
Yeah cheers. I understood when I realised you were talking about every exam and the probability of that. I thought you were just talking about one exam and therefore 5/8 would be right. You seem to know your stats aye! What are you doing now, A levels or you at Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing natsci at cambridge now. I'll be helping out at the John's interviews this december

these polls things are usually distorted by these people, similar thing happened to a UKCAT poll!
Original post by jneill
It's not visible on mobile app. Desktop only.

Posted from TSR Mobile

where would i find it on desktop then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can just open the thread on browser on phone

And it'll show up above this thread
Original post by 08simsek429
Yeeee! Congratulations. I got my email as well but still have to wait until Monday for UCAS to start working to find out the specific details of the offer.

Congratulations to you too! Yeah I don't know specifics either, I presume it's their typical offer A*AA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You can just open the thread on browser on phone

And it'll show up above this thread

k thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the top of this thread. Its pretty much unmissable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08rdiss
Anyone applying for Bio NatSci chosen their topic for interview yet?

I didn't even know you could. I'm applying for Bio NatSci at Christ's. You?
Anyone else got offers from York? :smile: It's hard to decide between there and KCL (provided I get an offer from KCL)
Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY
Hello!! YES another mature student! I have applied for HSPS at Lucy Cav, which is for over 21 year old females and heavily international :smile: (So I am told)

Fabulous, I haven't spoken to anyone applying for Lucy. How are you getting on with choosing the work to send?
Original post by Aish_de_la_Lune
Hey. I'm a mature student but took a risk
and applied for a standard age college. Where have you applied and which course?

Hi,

I applied for PBS at Lucy. I don't think it makes a diiference. I went to Summer school at St. Cat's and they said it doesn't matter.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Evillllll

I don't know how many would be genuine though... Like I seem to be lying in the median. Which is quite bizarre, imagine that, c95% and only being in the median, if not below!

There is a reason why Cambridge never ask you for your average UMS anywhere on the form. They want each UMS in each paper. The UMS they calculate is often not the one you think or want them to calculate.some of those that think they have very high UMS may be surprised how cambridge actually rank them.

Latest

Trending

Trending