The Student Room Group

HELP! Had a Topshop interview last week...

Hey

I need advice.

I had an interview at Topshop last week and the manager said she would call me back on Monday to let me know how I got on.

I didn't receive a call so I have called up just now and the manager said she has sent me a letter. And that was it. I should receive the letter within a couple of days.

Help! What does this mean?

I have a feeling I have been rejected. I once heard that when River Island interview candidates, they call you up if you are successful, or they send a letter if you have been rejected. I wonder if Topshop operate in the same way...

Please help. The wait is agonizing. I need an instant response and some reassurance.

Scroll to see replies

I have a feeling I did not get the job :frown:
It means that you are impatient.
For every job I've been successful in, I've had a phone call... I think you might have been rejected... Sorry!
Original post by Doc.Daneeka
It means that you are impatient.

I am not impatient.

The manager told me she would call today. She did not so I called her and that is when she told me that she has sent a letter and I should get it in a couple of days.

If I was successful/rejected then why not tell me there and then?
Original post by Holby_fanatic
For every job I've been successful in, I've had a phone call... I think you might have been rejected... Sorry!

:frown:

Seems like it :frown:

I'm the same - for every job I have been successful in, I have had a call back or I have been accepted on the spot.
They just pick people who have worked at topshop before, there's always one who applies.. :frown: :smile:
Original post by mulberry1
They just pick people who have worked at topshop before, there's always one who applies.. :frown: :smile:

Yeah, some fill vacancies 'internally'...

But I have a lot of experience in fashion retail.
I still have not received the letter I was supposed to receive.

I think I will wait until tomorrow then I might call again. What do you guys think?
So I called them up today and they said I should receive a letter on Monday.

So I will wait until Monday but I think I have been rejected so I give up.
I didn't get the job.

**** them.
I'm confused so they just got back to you now? :smile: :frown:

Don't worry Dee selection for these jobs is SO arbitrary. Just keep trying!
Original post by mulberry1
I'm confused so they just got back to you now? :smile: :frown:

Don't worry Dee selection for these jobs is SO arbitrary. Just keep trying!

The manager at the Topshop store where I had the interview sent me a letter a week and a half later. As for other Topshop stores, I sent/handed in CVs at the end of May/beginning of June and the beginning of July, yet I was contacted at the end of August/beginning of September :s-smilie:

I spoke to a manager from one of the stores I applied to - she contacted me and she said to call back in a couple of months, which I did. I ended up speaking to another lady - the previous manager had left and I was aware of this. She told me to re-send my CV :s-smilie: even though I know that Topshop keep CVs for a number of months.
Has anybody attended a topshop recruitment evening?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Dee Leigh
I didn't get the job.

**** them.

Did they send you a letter to say you were unsucessful?
Original post by loveleio
Did they send you a letter to say you were unsucessful?

Yes, but it doesn't matter anymore. I have had much better jobs since.

They didn't say why but I know that there was a lot of competition for the job and the manager said she had so many applicants apply for the role.
(edited 8 years ago)
No but it doesn't matter anymore. I have had much better jobs since.

They didn't say why but I know that there was a lot of competition for the job and the manager said she had so many applicants apply for the role.

Hiya!

If you're still looking for a part-time job, perhaps look into being a waitress? It's super easy to get into, isn't as competitive as retail and the hours are completely flexible! :smile:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hiya!

If you're still looking for a part-time job, perhaps look into being a waitress? It's super easy to get into, isn't as competitive as retail and the hours are completely flexible! :smile:

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will definitely look into it! I've been working and interning this summer but I need a flexible job for university when I go back in September. But I don't have any experience in waitressing...
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will definitely look into it! I've been working and interning this summer but I need a flexible job for university when I go back in September. But I don't have any experience in waitressing...

Neither did I before I started. I went to an induction day (provided they call you based on your CV, it's very likely you'll get one if you express how much you'd like to gain "valuable customer service skills" :mmm:) where they teach you the basics such as boxing a table, clearing plates, serving wine etc.

You're usually able to see or get informed of what work is available, and you just confirm the days you'll be willing to work.

Depending on the company, you could be working at some seriously cool events! For example, I've worked at the Wimbledon Tennis Charity Dinner, Cricket Matches, The Hospital Club, and this September I'll be working for the Rugby World Cup!

It's enjoyable, and you get to make great friends too!
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Neither did I before I started. I went to an induction day (provided they call you based on your CV, it's very likely you'll get one if you express how much you'd like to gain "valuable customer service skills" :mmm:) where they teach you the basics such as boxing a table, clearing plates, serving wine etc.

You're usually able to see or get informed of what work is available, and you just confirm the days you'll be willing to work.

Depending on the company, you could be working at some seriously cool events! For example, I've worked at the Wimbledon Tennis Charity Dinner, Cricket Matches, The Hospital Club, and this September I'll be working for the Rugby World Cup!

It's enjoyable, and you get to make great friends too!

Sounds great! I'd better go off and sort out my CV! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending