Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Assy123
Hi,

I wanted to ask when should we start to expect medicine interviews to be given out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

Lancaster Medical School will begin to contact students invited to interview in November.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Thanks for all your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,
I am currently living in the UK and have been for the past 4 years. I have applied for medicine in Lancaster. I have got my GCSE in English language and literature from England. Am I still supposed to prove my proficiency in English by taking any other test?
Thank you very much
Hi,
I have forgotten to declare a BTEC qualification that I took on my application (which will affect my gcse score) and was advised by UCAS to talk to the university so I emailed the Medical admission tutor yesterday with all the information however, I feel that it may be too late to change any decisions they've made.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsmeapril
Hello,
I am currently living in the UK and have been for the past 4 years. I have applied for medicine in Lancaster. I have got my GCSE in English language and literature from England. Am I still supposed to prove my proficiency in English by taking any other test?
Thank you very much

Hello,

The Medical School will typically contact you if further proof of your English Language ability is required. Please feel free to get in touch with them directly via email, the team would be happy to advise you further.

Lancaster University
Original post by Assy123
Hi,
I have forgotten to declare a BTEC qualification that I took on my application (which will affect my gcse score) and was advised by UCAS to talk to the university so I emailed the Medical admission tutor yesterday with all the information however, I feel that it may be too late to change any decisions they've made.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

You've done the right thing in contacting the department directly and providing the additional information. Any additional information will be attached to your application and assessed.

Lancaster University
Reply 326
Hi,

I'm a member of Bowland college and a student who lives off campus.

I have heard that its possible to borrow a laptop?

Lauren
Quick question, I am a mature student (24) doing an Access course this year, thinking of applying to Lancaster. I'm interested Accounting and Finance + Economics and Finance. I'm trying to decide whether to include Lancaster on my UCAS application.

Could you please tell me if you take many Access students each year for either of those courses or similar ones at the university? A rough figure or percentage would be useful. Seems like a great university, would like to attend, but don't want to waste a UCAS pick if the chances of admission are very slim.

Best regards,
Gentleman Jim
Original post by Lancaster University
Welcome to the official Lancaster University Q&A thread on The Student Room.

Please post your questions here if you'd like a response from our Undergraduate or Postgraduate Admissions team. We aim to respond to all messages posted on this thread within one working day.

Hi, i am applying to Lancaster uni for Mechanical engineering (BEng) course code (H300), both BEng and MEng courses are there in the website but i could not find this course on UCAS. PLEASE HELP!!! I am applying tomorrow.
Original post by mclovin014
Hi, i am applying to Lancaster uni for Mechanical engineering (BEng) course code (H300), both BEng and MEng courses are there in the website but i could not find this course on UCAS. PLEASE HELP!!! I am applying tomorrow.

Hello,

Both Mechanical Engineering courses are open and accepting applications and a number of students have applied already. We advise that you try selecting the course again; if you are still facing problems please get in touch with UCAS, the team there would be happy to advise you further and hopefully sort out any issues you are still facing.

Lancaster University
Original post by Gentleman Jim
Quick question, I am a mature student (24) doing an Access course this year, thinking of applying to Lancaster. I'm interested Accounting and Finance + Economics and Finance. I'm trying to decide whether to include Lancaster on my UCAS application.

Could you please tell me if you take many Access students each year for either of those courses or similar ones at the university? A rough figure or percentage would be useful. Seems like a great university, would like to attend, but don't want to waste a UCAS pick if the chances of admission are very slim.

Best regards,
Gentleman Jim

Hi Gentleman Jim,

We accept a number of Access students each for a wide variety of courses; across the University about 7-10% of students are mature and have studied an alternative qualification such as an Access course. As with all students taking other types of qualifications the key factors are the content of the course being studied, with certain courses GCSE grades (typically English and Maths), a good personal statement and a supportive academic reference. If you can send details of your current course and previous qualifications to the undergraduate admissions office the relevant admissions officer would be happy to advise you in more detail.

Lancaster University
Original post by ainge
Hi,

I'm a member of Bowland college and a student who lives off campus.

I have heard that its possible to borrow a laptop?

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

It is possible to borrow a laptop from the Learning Zone or the Library, for three hours at a time. You won’t be able to take it home with you, but you will be able to use it anywhere on campus!
For more information, please see: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/library/using-the-library/borrowing-laptops/.

Lancaster University
Hello,

I'm planning on applying for a chemical engineering course, but I am unsure whether to do the BEng or the MEng. I was wondering if I would be allowed to move from one course to the other after the first or second year?

Thanks!
Original post by Ryan Gibbard
Hello,

I'm planning on applying for a chemical engineering course, but I am unsure whether to do the BEng or the MEng. I was wondering if I would be allowed to move from one course to the other after the first or second year?

Thanks!

Hello Ryan,

Yes, it is possible to move from the BEng to MEng or vice versa up until the end of your second year of study. It is also worth noting that all Engineering courses at Lancaster have a common first year so it is possible to switch disciplines too at the end of your first year.

Lancaster University
Hello,

I'm planning on applying for the European-American Management course and I have a question concerning the fees. Do I have to pay for the american university as well?
Hello,

It is possible to study entirely within the School of Computing and Communications (SCC) during your first year if you wish to do so, it is also possible to take a single alternative minor course from outside the school. Subject to timetabling and any prerequisite qualification requirements it is possible to study from any subject as your minor, although the SCC may recommend complimentary subjects. If you would like further information on the modules available to you and any recommendations on minor subjects to study outside if the SCC please contact them directly.

Lancaster University
Original post by Roberta_Igorov
Hello,

I'm planning on applying for the European-American Management course and I have a question concerning the fees. Do I have to pay for the american university as well?

Hello Roberta,

The fee liability is to Lancaster for the entirety of the degree with full fees in Years 1 and 2 and then a reduced fee (15%) in Years 3 and 4. You do not pay fees directly to the American University.

Students applying for this link should be aware that there are additional costs for medical insurance etc in the US and students need to prove solvency for their visa this year students had to show a sum of $27,624, which can be from student funding and family accounts, before a visa is granted.

For further advice please do take a look at the Management School Study Abroad web pages, you may also find the IPBS (International Partnership of Business Schools) website interesting and of some use.

Lancaster University
Reply 337
Hello,
I am wondering if students from Republic of Kosovo have to pay the tuition fees as an oversea or as an EU country.
Thank you in advance
Hi there
Is there any placement year offer to BscEconomics ?
Thanks
Hi!
I'm from Sydney and am looking to come on exchange to Lancaster next year. I'm studying international business over here and was wondering what sort of units would correspond with my unit of study at your university? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending