The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Shall i apply to Bristol Uni?

Anyone studying Accounting and Finance at Bristol uni? Whats the course like?
And also just in general what is the uni and city like??
Is it one campus or are all the buildings spread out across the city?
Reply 1
Buildings are spread about, not that far apart though.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
You should go for an open day or campus tour and get a real insight for yourself
Reply 3
Original post by djpailo
Buildings are spread about, not that far apart though.

They are? I've heard this before. Really don't understand why people say this when most of them are literally on one campus right next to each other.
Original post by lou_100
They are? I've heard this before. Really don't understand why people say this when most of them are literally on one campus right next to each other.

Most of the buildings are in the same area of the town but it isn't a campus university. I'm from Bristol, though studying elsewhere.

Also OP, get prepared to walk up many a hill! Bristol is a great city and I love it to bits. If you get the chance, do visit. If there any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Reply 5
Hey! 😊 I live right near Bristol so know the city well. Couldn't tell you anything about the course, but the university itself is great. A lot of traditional buildings that are based around one part of the city, but not like a "campus" at all in my opinion. The nightlife's great and having done a couple of initiatives there and gone to the open day, all the students seem to be really nice 😄
Reply 6
Original post by Paralove
Most of the buildings are in the same area of the town but it isn't a campus university. I'm from Bristol, though studying elsewhere.

Also OP, get prepared to walk up many a hill! Bristol is a great city and I love it to bits. If you get the chance, do visit. If there any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Not classified as a campus uni because it's open streets and strictly speaking not enclosed in any specific campus area, yeah. I get that and agree.

But 90% of the buildings are quite literally next to each other, and there's a yellowed out area on google maps outlining said "campus" area which isn't really an official campus.

All I'm saying to OP is that it's a bit misleading to say the buildings are spread out. They asked about spread across the whole city vs campus and you kinda gave them the impression they're all over the city. It takes me like less than 10 minutes to walk from the end of Woodland Road to Chemistry building which are on opposite ends of the uni building area, and that's with every single building I pass being a uni building. So yeah the buildings are all together despite it not being called a campus.

Uni is great, city is also great. Lots to do, shops etc. Good nightlife for students.

Don't know anything about the course. I don't know anyone studying it.

I'm in my second year at UoB.

Quick Reply