The Student Room Group

Last payslip and P60

I left my main job a few weeks back and went back to my sunday job full time.
Now, ive been paid for the last time from the job i left (i was paid there last monday).
I want my last payslip and my p60. The manager there wasnt the nicest of people and she regularly gave us payslips late (as well as stuff like no contracts etc). Ive tried to get in contact with the manager about getting my last payslip and p60 off her, but she is being awkward and not replying on the couple of occasions ive got in touch.
How would i go about sorting this?
Do i just go in and ask for them- even though i live a 25 minute drive away and she might not even have them when i get there?? Do i carry on trying to get in contact with her- even though she isnt replying so far?? Do i take it further (and if so- where would i go to for advice)??
Original post by J-SP
You will want your P45 not your P60.

Your P60 will be an end of tax year statement while the P45 will be a statement of earnings from that employer.

Is there an HR contact/person you can speak to instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats the one, i always get mixed up between the 2, lol.

There isnt really a HR person i can speak to. The only person i can think of is the payroll person- but no one has ever seen this person, only heard about her. And we certainly have no contact for her.
Original post by J-SP
Could you call the office manager/receptionist/switchboard to see if they have any ideas of who to speak to?

Payroll is probably outsourced so that's why you can't contact them directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no one else i can contact. Its a nursery i used to work at- and the manager and her husband own the place, and pretty much do everything themselves. The only other person who is mentioned is this payroll person who has never been seen or made contactable.
Your old manager is the only one who can give you your P45 unfortunately. You've got the law on your side though as employers are required to give you payslips and P45s.

In the meantime you can fill out a P46 for your new job? Or is it just for your records?

Perhaps try a strongly worded letter first.
Original post by arson_fire
You need to start doing it in writing. I would write to them politely reminding them of their legal obligation to supply your last payslip(s) and your P45. If you don`t get anywhere just let HMRC know that they won`t provide them and let them deal with it. IME the taxman will be on them like a tramp on chips - not supplying paperwork is often a big warning sign that the company is fiddling the taxes or about to go bust.

Thanks.
Ive actually had a reply from the manager. She said that they are "apparently" in the post (apparently being the main word here- as i cant trust her as far as i could throw her) and i should get them in the next couple of days. Ill believe it when i see it though. So i guess at the moment its wait and see if they turn up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending