The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

I got a parthenon rejection earlier in the week, but that was replied back to a specific enquiry so I'm not sure if they've actually done shortlisting or not. Hope that helps!
Original post by jimbo131
Grad

Didn't apply for grad so I cnt b much help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ks347
Was there a chance to upload a CV during BDO's application for Management Consulting?

Just need someone to confirm this!

Yeah there was. You could also upload a cover letter, but having bashed out 900 words for their application I honestly couldn't face doing that as well
Reply 583
Original post by corona&lime
Yeah there was. You could also upload a cover letter, but having bashed out 900 words for their application I honestly couldn't face doing that as well

Really? Looked through the whole app and didn't find anywhere to do it! There was a separate section on the profile but nothing on the app itself..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ks347
Really? Looked through the whole app and didn't find anywhere to do it! There was a separate section on the profile but nothing on the app itself..

Considering the application pretty much covered all aspects of a CV I doubt it will make much difference either way?
Reply 585
Original post by gcafc
for parthenon did anyone get an email confirming that their app was submitted. I'm certain I went all the way through process but got no email confirmation

No, I did not get a confirmation either, but I emailed them the next day to ask and they confirmed they received it.
Parthenon ran first round interviews this week - has anyone heard back yet on outcome?
Anyone heard back from monitor deloitte yet?
Reply 588
Reply 589
Original post by Tangente
Anyone heard back from monitor deloitte yet?

Nothing. They did say they would get back to us this week so maybe something in the next few hours...
Original post by ks347
Nothing. They did say they would get back to us this week so maybe something in the next few hours...

Yeah I was thinking the same.
Still nothing from monitor deloitte...
Hey, has anyone done the OC&C online case study test? Not sure what to expect :s-smilie:
Reply 593
Had phone interview with KPMG on monday after having to wait 3 extra weeks because I got food poisoning and had to reschedule. Been told they are arranging my AC and will be in touch in the next 2-3 weeks.
Original post by Luccy.
Had phone interview with KPMG on monday after having to wait 3 extra weeks because I got food poisoning and had to reschedule. Been told they are arranging my AC and will be in touch in the next 2-3 weeks.

Was that for straight Management Consulting? Or Strategy group?
Reply 595
KPMG Update:

Amazing. I was just about to email them to withdraw from the process (as I've accepted an offer elsewhere) but they've saved me the effort.

Timeline wise:

- Applied mid September and less than a week later, I was told that I'd passed the screening and testing and that somebody would be "in touch with you within the next two weeks to organise a telephone interview."

- Early October, I get a generic "we're still looking at obtaining dates for your interview and will be in touch" email.

- Zero communication until the above email received Friday evening (two months after being told they'd be giving me an interview)

I suspect I'm not the only one who got this email?

For those of you still looking for a position, and who probably wasted hours upon hours preparing for a promised telephone interview that never materialised, I'm truly sorry.

What's that saying in business? Something about under promising and over delivering...
Has anyone heard back from Monitor Deloitte yet?
Reply 597
Original post by Consultingstude
Was that for straight Management Consulting? Or Strategy group?

Risk and Regulation :smile: I applied late august I think but delayed it because of my own illness more than their being full. Although we'll see now if an AC materialises.
Original post by alextay93
Hey, has anyone done the OC&C online case study test? Not sure what to expect :s-smilie:

I'm in the same boat. I emailed them and they gave absolutely nothing away! Have you done it yet?
Reply 599
Original post by Sync
KPMG Update:

Amazing. I was just about to email them to withdraw from the process (as I've accepted an offer elsewhere) but they've saved me the effort.

Timeline wise:

- Applied mid September and less than a week later, I was told that I'd passed the screening and testing and that somebody would be "in touch with you within the next two weeks to organise a telephone interview."

- Early October, I get a generic "we're still looking at obtaining dates for your interview and will be in touch" email.

- Zero communication until the above email received Friday evening (two months after being told they'd be giving me an interview)

I suspect I'm not the only one who got this email?

For those of you still looking for a position, and who probably wasted hours upon hours preparing for a promised telephone interview that never materialised, I'm truly sorry.

What's that saying in business? Something about under promising and over delivering...

never got the email, but as I got through over the phone and was told the same thing I feel the same level of annoyance. Time wasters.

Quick Reply