The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

**University of Reading - 2015 Applicants**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JRHewett
Oh really? That's cool. I added Lancaster to my application yesterday so I'm not expecting anything soon:tongue:

Ah yes, an unconditional would be lovely. :redface:

Well those are quite high entry requirements! Can you rise to the challenge?:smile:

Ooh how come you only had four down originally?

Wouldn't it just :tongue:

They are, and I probably could not. I would crumble like caerphilly.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Arkasia
Ooh how come you only had four down originally?

Wouldn't it just :tongue:

They are, and I probably could not. I would crumble like caerphilly.

I didn't want to just 'fill up' my application I was trying to put down universities I would actually go to:redface: .. finally decided on Lancaster.

Lmao why caerphilly?:tongue:
Original post by JRHewett
I didn't want to just 'fill up' my application I was trying to put down universities I would actually go to:redface: .. finally decided on Lancaster.

Lmao why caerphilly?:tongue:

Good choice, and why not. It's crumbly :colone:
I have applied for Biological Sciences at Reading :smile: Sent off my application a week ago, hoping to hear soon :tongue:
Reading is my firm choice! I'm applying for Consumer Behaviour and Marketing. My AS grades were awful: ADDE but this year my A2 predicted grades are A*BBC, how likely am I to get an offer do you think?
I have applied for Primary Teaching with English
My AS grades were BCC and I got predicted ABC, what are the chances that I will recieve an offer?
Original post by BrianOblitey
Reading is my firm choice! I'm applying for Consumer Behaviour and Marketing. My AS grades were awful: ADDE but this year my A2 predicted grades are A*BBC, how likely am I to get an offer do you think?

Well I'm not really an expert on this or anything, and the University of Reading rep's who post here are often experienced students, not admissions staff. However, the general sort of consensus seems to be that a 'grade higher' is seen as attainable, but two is seen sometimes to be inflated(may not be the case for you). It really depends on your circumstances. Everyone is different, you may have been close to the next grade or had extenuating circumstances. Guess it depends on your reference and personal statement in addition to how likely you are to achieve those grades. Also the demand for the course would influence it, I know the entry requirements were changed for a few of my university choices most likely due to lots of applicants. That could go either way.

Good luck!

Original post by aminaeem
I have applied for Primary Teaching with English
My AS grades were BCC and I got predicted ABC, what are the chances that I will recieve an offer?

Basically what I have said above, although you're only predicted a grade higher than your attained grades, which is common. I guess depending on your references and the entry requirements, that will be seen as in your reach I presume. I'm not sure how the admissions work at the university but you may find both of you get an offer.

Honestly, all the best and good luck. Reading is a really nice uni.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 147
Finally got my offer for history! Feels like I've been waiting for ages.
Original post by cuppa
Finally got my offer for history! Feels like I've been waiting for ages.

How long did you wait for?
Reply 149
Original post by BrianOblitey
How long did you wait for?
Took a week and couple days. In reality, it was a truly short wait! But when your friends are receiving offers from their unis the next day, it feels like a couple of long years :angry:
Original post by LeaLea
Thank you, you too! I booked for the 26th. Which have you gone for? I'm so nervous as Reading is my first choice :biggrin:

Ahhh! I went for that one too!! Same, im so scared! Reading is the one i want the most, and annoyingly the only offer I haven't got yet :frown:( xx
Is anyone applying for Economics. I sent mine of on 17/11. Hopefully getting an offer soon. Went to an open day and loved it.
Got an offer for Ancient History (ABB/AAC), though now I'm not sure whether to accept. I kinda of applied on a "best case scenario" basis, internally thinking I wouldn't get an offer and just being hopeful. I was ecstatic when the offer came through, but looking more closely, I realise how expensive living in Reading would be. Not sure if it's worth it/if I'd cope.
Original post by Amelia_21
Is anyone applying for Economics. I sent mine of on 17/11. Hopefully getting an offer soon. Went to an open day and loved it.

I've got an offer for economics and I applied on 14th November for AAB which are also my predicted
Original post by mercieo
I've got an offer for economics and I applied on 14th November for AAB which are also my predicted

I applied on the 10th and it took 12 days to get my offer for economics and econometrics however my offer was at ABB.
Reply 155
Original post by Professor Purple
I applied on the 6th of Nov, and just got an offer to study Law!
The requirements are AAB.

Anyone else applied for Law too?

I have! What do you think about Reading :smile:? What are your other choices?
Original post by xjaye
I have! What do you think about Reading :smile:? What are your other choices?

I have applied for Law too! Is reading your first choice? And where else have you applied? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by beingawallflower
I have applied for Law too! Is reading your first choice? And where else have you applied? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My other choices are Cardiff, Newcastle, Liverpool and Oxford Brookes
What about you?
I'm really not sure which is my favourite but it's out of Reading, Cardiff and Newcastle I think! What's yours? What do you think of Reading? X
Original post by xjaye
My other choices are Cardiff, Newcastle, Liverpool and Oxford Brookes
What about you?
I'm really not sure which is my favourite but it's out of Reading, Cardiff and Newcastle I think! What's yours? What do you think of Reading? X

Ah nice! I already have my a levels and applied last year too but this year I decided to aim a little higher and chose reading so I also applied to swansea (as a back up) and southampton was my second choice but they rejected me lol (gave me the wrong info about qualifications because I did a BTEC as well). Reading was lovely, by far my favourite (just as well really) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
Original post by beingawallflower
Ah nice! I already have my a levels and applied last year too but this year I decided to aim a little higher and chose reading so I also applied to swansea (as a back up) and southampton was my second choice but they rejected me lol (gave me the wrong info about qualifications because I did a BTEC as well). Reading was lovely, by far my favourite (just as well really) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh I see :smile: it makes me feel better that you like it so much! I'm just confused with all of my choices so I don't have a favourite, but Reading seems to be in the lead at the moment!!! I have visited the uni but it was a school trip sort of thing so we didn't get to see the town, that's why I'm unsure because I want to see everything!! Do you know anything about the area etc etc, or anything about the uni that makes it a good choice??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending