The Student Room Group

"Dude, where's my gown?": The Oxford Chat Thread Mk.III

Scroll to see replies

Also I don't know anyone running for anything in our elections right know :s-smilie:
Original post by such_a_lady
Just from an outsider's perspective, your term seems to have flown by dramatically fast.

It certainly has...
Original post by fluteflute
:love:

Just wanted to say I'm gutted you didn't win the OUSU elections. I would have voted for you if I could :sadnod: I thought the manifesto was great, solid stuff. I know we all appreciate the hard work and time you spend with applicants on here :yep:

:hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Just wanted to say I'm gutted you didn't win the OUSU elections. I would have voted for you if I could :sadnod:

Me too, I 'liked' you on fb but I graduated last term :-( TLG and I were the two lost votes that scuppered it for you.
Can someone recommend me a dentist in oxford?

I very rarely go to the dentist and it's a bit of a point of anxiety. So if anyone can mention a place that they went to and the experience was fine, that would help a bit.

Also how does it really work? Is it just like going to the GP (make an appointment, go and tell them you're there, wait in waiting room, have appointment, leave)? Do you have to pay at some point?

Thanks for any help! It's embarrassing to have to ask this but I seriously haven't been to the dentist for several years, and that was the first time for several years too, and I'm just not sure how it all works.
Original post by LtCommanderData
Can someone recommend me a dentist in oxford?

I very rarely go to the dentist and it's a bit of a point of anxiety. So if anyone can mention a place that they went to and the experience was fine, that would help a bit.

Also how does it really work? Is it just like going to the GP (make an appointment, go and tell them you're there, wait in waiting room, have appointment, leave)? Do you have to pay at some point?

Thanks for any help! It's embarrassing to have to ask this but I seriously haven't been to the dentist for several years, and that was the first time for several years too, and I'm just not sure how it all works.

Can't recommend anywhere as I haven't used an Oxford dentist, but I can answer the other questions in general. Yes, it is like going to the GP (i.e the steps are as you said - although I'm not sure how it works if you aren't registered with them, you might have to do that first (maybe talk to your college nurse and find out)). You do have to pay at the end, unless you are exempt (e.g have a HC1 form for low income).
(edited 9 years ago)
Annette Curtain lives near me!!! :eek3: :ahhhhh: :hide:

(Sorry, I know that's very mean :tongue: Just needed to write it down to get it out of my system :colondollar: )

(Sorry, I know that's very mean :tongue: Just needed to write it down to get it out of my system :colondollar: )

**** a brick, you better run gurl.
Original post by Noble.
**** a brick, you better run gurl.

:sadnod: :eek3: :afraid:

Bit harsh - she may be a bit overactive and handle things badly but I think it's just nerves!
Original post by Lucilou101
Bit harsh - she may be a bit overactive and handle things badly but I think it's just nerves!

I dunno, I'm in two minds about her. I have tried to be charitable and not post mean things about her in that thread because it can quickly escalate into something not-so-nice. But on the other hand she posts like a troll. Or like an idiot. Either way, neither is promising...

It's been a good few years since we've had an applicant this annoying! Well in my memory anyway. I don't usually hang out in the applicants' threads :tongue: Also, being militant state school with a chip still on my shoulder, I have no sympathy for people from St Paul's Girls' who act in such a manner :nope:

(I did acknowledge I was being mean btw :tongue: )
I dunno, I'm in two minds about her. I have tried to be charitable and not post mean things about her in that thread because it can quickly escalate into something not-so-nice. But on the other hand she posts like a troll. Or like an idiot. Either way, neither is promising...

It's been a good few years since we've had an applicant this annoying! Well in my memory anyway. I don't usually hang out in the applicants' threads :tongue: Also, being militant state school with a chip still on my shoulder, I have no sympathy for people from St Paul's Girls' who act in such a manner :nope:

I completely understand where you're coming from, I have no clue if she's actually legit or a troll. But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter - she's not really doing any harm (at the moment anyway!)

How's things anyway? :smile:
I completely understand where you're coming from, I have no clue if she's actually legit or a troll. But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter - she's not really doing any harm (at the moment anyway!)

How's things anyway? :smile:

True :tongue:

Not so good. Major depressive episode. Hoping I can cheer up before Christmas :frown: How about you? :smile:
True :tongue:

Not so good. Major depressive episode. Hoping I can cheer up before Christmas :frown: How about you? :smile:

Oh no :frown: hope things get better!

Not too bad - on my way to Varsity Skiing currently :smile:

It's really nice of you to want to help people over there though, motivated by all the right hearts in the right places and wanting to share the huge benefit of your many experiences. Some people just have odd ways of seeking attention. Maybe take a few days off and have fun doin' something else? :console: :biggrin:

I've discovered the antidote - I've just spent a happy half-hour in the applicants thread dishing out random rep (I get PRSOM far too much, time I did something about it!)
Oh no :frown: hope things get better!

Not too bad - on my way to Varsity Skiing currently :smile:

Thanks. Oooh that's exciting! Hope you have lots of fun :biggrin:

You enjoyed your first term of Oxford? Hope it's been alright :smile:

Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's really nice of you to want to help people over there though, motivated by all the right hearts in the right places and wanting to share the huge benefit of your many experiences. Some people just have odd ways of seeking attention. Maybe take a few days off and have fun doin' something else? :console: :biggrin:

Ah I'm not on there much at all. I was just looking for musos when I joined in, tbh. Now I'm several pages behind :tongue:

How are you doing anyway? Been a while since we've spoken! :eek:

Original post by Jantaculum
I've discovered the antidote - I've just spent a happy half-hour in the applicants thread dishing out random rep (I get PRSOM far too much, time I did something about it!)

Awww, that sounds like fun! PRSOM is one of the most annoying #TLGProblems in existence. So much TLG love that has to be given to randomers, in order to rep the people I wanna rep :nopity:

:tongue:
Saw all the undergrads moving out today, and was like "why are they leaving so early- it's only just the end of 7th week!"

Checked my calendar. Mind blown that 8th has already been and gone. And I spent it doing 12 hour days in the lab...

Ah I'm not on there much at all. I was just looking for musos when I joined in, tbh. Now I'm several pages behind :tongue:

How are you doing anyway? Been a while since we've spoken! :eek:

Oh, OK, I take a look from time to time, but a lot of the people answering make such good points that it seems almost unnecessary to join in!

I'm great, thanks, I now have a genuine real world actual jobby wobby, as in earning money! :lol: I'm working 4 days a week for a pressure group as a researcher/adviser, which is so fun. Feel so totally there at having responserbeelities....! Such as sorting out research documents or summarising or even writing a report. The glamour. :lol:

You? :colondollar:
Original post by Jantaculum

So little rep. So many people to give it to. :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending