The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milkman94
guys, don't take everything at face value.

semi-related: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=50817221&highlight=

ANY excuse to belittle me and call me out because you didnt get your own oxford offer
Original post by humortime
Does anyone else think there will be a lower than normal E&M pool this year? I know in the past E&M and PPE have had about the same number of applicants, but there are more places for PPE so the acceptance rate is higher. I hear a lot of people applying for PPE and very few for E&M; obviously I have a small sample group to go off of, but I hear a lot of people who are choosing PPE over E&M because of the acceptance rate. Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but we'll see.

I doubt it, the number of applications for both remains pretty steady each year and don't see a reason why that would suddenly change this year. Plus they are a lot different and choosing to apply for one over the other based on acceptance rate is completely the wrong motivation and would get snuffed out at interview. It's not like PPE is easy to get into either.

Maybe some people see them both as economics so choose the one with the best acceptance rate but that's not going to matter to them because they won't get accepted. Very few would do this as oxford applicants are smart people. Numbers could be a little smaller for E&M this year but it won't be too significant.
Original post by JimmyRussel1
ANY excuse to belittle me and call me out because you didnt get your own oxford offer

g8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8
Original post by JimmyRussel1

dis grill is singl n redy 2 mingl
Hey everyone, I hope you're not having too stressful a wait for interview invitations.
I was just rereading my PS (to prepare for the interview I probs won't get :frown: and realised I wrote the following (edited):

Reading X, further to doing Y, showed me how A can do B. For example, how C can do D.

Is the second sentence (which isn't really a sentence) grammatically awkward enough to ruin my chances of getting offers at competitive places (not just concerned about Oxford here; I'm also waiting to hear from LSE and KCL, but have offers from Birmingham and Manchester.) Thanks.
Hi everyone,

I was just surfing on the TSA website when I saw that you are actually not permitted to use Tippex in Section 2. Nobody told me that, and my Section 2 is full of Tippex! Do you think this will have any impact on my application?
guys, are ppe applicants likely to hear about interview early or late next week?
Reply 1047
Original post by tsrladd
guys, are ppe applicants likely to hear about interview early or late next week?

Probably around Wednesday or Thursday
Original post by FeelingFear

Is the second sentence (which isn't really a sentence) grammatically awkward enough to ruin my chances of getting offers at competitive places (not just concerned about Oxford here; I'm also waiting to hear from LSE and KCL, but have offers from Birmingham and Manchester.) Thanks.

I think you've gotten to a point of overthinking things - a strong applicant won't get rejected because they happen to have a grammatically awkward/incorrect sentence here and there. For instance, at interviews last year a guy told me about how he opened a bracket in the second sentence of his PS, and then never closed it. His entire statement was technically a parenthesis, and if I remember correctly he got an offer!

Original post by tsrladd

What Agap said. Last year I got my interview invitation on the 28th (Magdalen).
Reply 1049
Any information on when E&M invites are likely to be sent out?
I heard we're getting the results this week. Does anyone know how true this is? It is just results or whether we've got an interview or not? I'm pretty confused haha
Reply 1051
Original post by drewsalexia
I heard we're getting the results this week. Does anyone know how true this is? It is just results or whether we've got an interview or not? I'm pretty confused haha

The results will be published in January. But who does care any more as soon as oxford sends out invitations or rejections? :tongue:
last year was the 27th i think
Has anyone got an interview for geography? 😀
Got an interview for PPE at St Anne's :smile:
Original post by GailQ
Got an interview for PPE at St Anne's :smile:

Congrats ! Just received a PPE interview offer for Brasenose :biggrin: sooo happy because I thought the TSA went badly :smile:
Original post by hltorrance
Congrats ! Just received a PPE interview offer for Brasenose :biggrin: sooo happy because I thought the TSA went badly :smile:

Congrats to you too! And same about the TSA :smile:
Original post by hltorrance

Same! I'll see you there :biggrin:
How many of you have an E&M interview? I got it at 12 today. :smile:
Reply 1059
Got an e&m interview as well :smile: which college?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending