The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medici103
I'm in the final year of human physiology. I've applied for graduate entry medicine for 2015 entry.

Hello fellow grad! :banana2:
To which unis are you applying?
Original post by yurilein93
Hello fellow grad! :banana2:
To which unis are you applying?

Hello!

I've applied to Southampton, Barts, Warwick and Oxford. You?
How do you find out results ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

I've applied to Southampton, Barts, Warwick and Oxford. You?

More grads, woo :biggrin: I've applied to Soton, Barts, Oxford and Imperial as a grad. Hopefully see you guys at interview! You had any interviews before at any of those schools?
Original post by siarc
More grads, woo :biggrin: I've applied to Soton, Barts, Oxford and Imperial as a grad. Hopefully see you guys at interview! You had any interviews before at any of those schools?

I had an interview at Southampton prior to my current degree. It was awful.
Reply 3905
Original post by siarc

Hey, I'm a grad too! Applied to Impy, UCL, Barts and KCL (but all for 5-/6-year courses as I'm an arts grad.) Can't concentrate in the run up to BMAT results....
Original post by iulz
Hey, I'm a grad too! Applied to Impy, UCL, Barts and KCL (but all for 5-/6-year courses as I'm an arts grad.) Can't concentrate in the run up to BMAT results....

How are you funding that? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Same about the BMAT.
Reply 3907
How are you funding that? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Same about the BMAT.

Savings and some help from my grandma, plus I earn a fairly high rate per hour as a tutor... How would you fund it if you got into UCL?

EDIT wait no this is the BMAT thread not the UCL one... woops
Original post by iulz
Savings and some help from my grandma, plus I earn a fairly high rate per hour as a tutor... How would you fund it if you got into UCL?

EDIT wait no this is the BMAT thread not the UCL one... woops

It's not your fault you're confused. The BMAT did it.
Hey guys.
Is anyone here applying to Oxford this year?
I'm really worried if they'll offer me an interview - I've heard you need like 7 in each section.
Original post by Atena369
Hey guys.
I'm really worried if they'll offer me an interview - I've heard you need like 7 in each section.

I'm applying but I'm sooo scared about BMAT i don't think it went well :frown:
Hey guys.

I'm applying to oxford this year too. Hopefully they don't have a cut off at 7 as I don't want that many people to get an interview, I want it to be us 8.5+'s to get interviews so it's less competitive.

I honestly have no idea what score they interview though they did say (and provide graphs for the undergrads) that they would interview the top 40% of applicants by BMAT score if they jump through all the other hoops (satisfactory degree etc...).
Reply 3912
Hey guys.

Obviously you've heard wrong. You can't have 7 in Section 3. :biggrin:

No, really. You don't have to have 7 in each section. Last year mean score of those selected for interview was 65/100. To get that you would only need 6 in S1 and S2 and 3A in S3. Or, you may get 5 in S1 and 7 in S2. Or, 5.5 in both S1 and S2 and 5A in S3. There're more possible combinations and if you did very well in one section, you can afford to do a bit poorly in another. (Here goes my hope with stupid S1 a hopefully nice S2 scores). :biggrin:

Not to mention that it was the mean. So there were people with higher (as expected) but also lower scores.
(edited 9 years ago)
do we get the results at midnight tonight??
Reply 3914
Original post by medgal96
do we get the results at midnight tonight??

For the millionth time, yes, we do. :tongue:
Wow this day came quickly ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashkun
Wow this day came quickly ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The rest of today will be slower than the 2 weeks from the exam!
Original post by Ucki
Obviously you've heard wrong. You can't have 7 in Section 3. :biggrin:

No, really. You don't have to have 7 in each section. Last year mean score of those selected for interview was 65/100. To get that you would only need 6 in S1 and S2 and 3A in S3. Or, you may get 5 in S1 and 7 in S2. Or, 5.5 in both S1 and S2 and 5A in S3. There're more possible combinations and if you did very well in one section, you can afford to do a bit poorly in another. (Here goes my hope with stupid S1 a hopefully nice S2 scores). :biggrin:

Not to mention that it was the mean. So there were people with higher (as expected) but also lower scores.

Well that's a lot better than 7 in both sections lol...however the exam was so hard I'm not even sure I'll get a 5 or 6 :/
Also, I'm wondering if there was a minimum word count for the essay. Mine was really short (no more than 150) so Idk if that's ok.
(edited 9 years ago)
Can anyone else not access the website? I keep on getting an error message and saying that "This webpage is not available"
Thanks for any help!!!
I think I can't sleep tonight once I got my results on 00.00

Latest

Trending

Trending