The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

RHUL applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for ABB (A in English Literature) for English Literature and History. Am predicted A*AA but am a little nervous of my English Lit grade at the moment so I'll be considering options. Really loved the campus and the History people I met though. Will possibly be my insurance.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by sammypickford
Just got an offer from RHUL to study English and History and I'm over the moon! Anyone else studying this?

Didn't even see this, I am. Not sure where though.
Anyone going to the Earth sci applicant day 21st Jan? :P
Got my offer for the Physics Masters course today :smile:
Anyone going to the earth science applicant day next Wednesday the 3rd??
Reply 65
Original post by harryrennie
Anyone going to the earth science applicant day next Wednesday the 3rd??

I have an applicant day on Wednesday, so I may see you. However not for earth science.
Original post by chensun
I have an applicant day on Wednesday, so I may see you. However not for earth science.

What are you going there for? I'm meant to be having an interview that day but I still haven't been given a time
I am!
Original post by adam harperRB
I am!

Have you been given an interview time yet mate?

No they said they would email closer to the time

Also on your email did it say, the interview may be taken into account should you miss the conditions of YOUR offer. I got a bit confused because does this mean ive been given an offer or not? There is no update on UCAS (rhetorical question by the way)
Original post by adam harperRB
Also on your email did it say, the interview may be taken into account should you miss the conditions of YOUR offer. I got a bit confused because does this mean ive been given an offer or not? There is no update on UCAS (rhetorical question by the way)

Yeah mine said that too but I'm not sure if it's directed in that way. I've done some looking around about the interview and it seems to be that if you've got an interview you've pretty much got an offer and it's just to double check about you but don't take my word for it.
Reply 72
What are you going there for? I'm meant to be having an interview that day but I still haven't been given a time

I am one of the Management and International Business prospective students.
Reply 73
Yeah mine said that too but I'm not sure if it's directed in that way. I've done some looking around about the interview and it seems to be that if you've got an interview you've pretty much got an offer and it's just to double check about you but don't take my word for it.

Best of luck for your interview.
Original post by chensun
Best of luck for your interview.

Cheers 👍
Original post by emtheelf
Got an offer for ABB (A in English Literature) for English Literature and History. Am predicted A*AA but am a little nervous of my English Lit grade at the moment so I'll be considering options. Really loved the campus and the History people I met though. Will possibly be my insurance.

Congrats! I've applied for english too! I'm awaiting a reply!
Original post by Mattlloydd
Congrats! I've applied for english too! I'm awaiting a reply!

Maybe I'll see you at one of the English applicant days, though I may not be able to get to them.
Maybe I'll see you at one of the English applicant days, though I may not be able to get to them.

Maybe! I really like the look of holloway! The ABB entry offer is fantastic, a nice goal for me!

I've also applied for QM, really i'd prefer to go QM but i'd still love holloway!
Original post by Mattlloydd
Maybe! I really like the look of holloway! The ABB entry offer is fantastic, a nice goal for me!

I've also applied for QM, really i'd prefer to go QM but i'd still love holloway!

My only concern is that they ask that the A be in English Literature, considering I got a B last year - though only a few marks under. I'd prefer to go to QM than Holloway for a few reasons, though I'm waiting to hear back from them. Newcastle or Edinburgh would be firm if I got an offer from either of them. ABB is a good offer, though.
My only concern is that they ask that the A be in English Literature, considering I got a B last year - though only a few marks under. I'd prefer to go to QM than Holloway for a few reasons, though I'm waiting to hear back from them. Newcastle or Edinburgh would be firm if I got an offer from either of them. ABB is a good offer, though.

Ah I see, well i'm predicted A*BB (A* in lit) so i'm hoping that pans out, and that actually happens.

Have you considered re-taking, if you need that A in lit? Or do you think you'l be able to work it up?

If not, so what i'm doing with history - absolutely nail the coursework and it will bring your grade up significantly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending