The Student Room Group

Flatmates won't give me space

Hi I am living in halls at uni and have lovely flat mates but they never leave me alone and when I want some quiet alone time they keep asking me what's up. They drink and I don't and when they do it can be mid week when I have to be up at 6:30 and they come and knock on my door and shout and want to see me. How do I get them to give me space without being rude?
Reply 1
Just tell them you need some 'me' time.
Reply 2
Original post by Evening
Just tell them you need some 'me' time.

I have tried that :frown: I have insomnia so when I eventually get to sleep they wake me up by banging on the door and calling me. they think their funny when their drunk and I just find it annoying. i really don't know what to do:frown:
Original post by Febreezer
I have tried that :frown: I have insomnia so when I eventually get to sleep they wake me up by banging on the door and calling me. they think their funny when their drunk and I just find it annoying. i really don't know what to do:frown:

If you've tried and they're not listening to you then speak to your landlord and see if he/she could sort something out for you.
Turn your phone off before you go to bed. Don't respond to their knocking and soon they'll realise its futile to do so. If it persists leave a note on your door before ou go to bed asking them not to
Reply 5
That's a good idea thank you guys 👌I will turn my phone off and see how tonight goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending