The Student Room Group

Coursework Based Degrees

Is there any coursework based degrees, i ****ing hate exams with a passion
Have you looked at the open university? its a distance learning course but i think they are all mostly coursework based.

www.open.ac.uk
There are so many coursework based courses, just have a look through the course content.

Mine is 100% coursework for Graphic Design & Multimedia. Obviously there will be courses that need to have exams in. What courses were you looking into?
Reply 3
Original post by Roving Fish
There are so many coursework based courses, just have a look through the course content.

Mine is 100% coursework for Graphic Design & Multimedia. Obviously there will be courses that need to have exams in. What courses were you looking into?

What university are you attending, i wouldn't mind doing Graphic design. I am currently studying Business, but i am at Heriot Watt and they only do coursework for one module which is Critical Writing (English). It sucks to be honest that in 4 modules i only do 1 coursework for 1 module and the rest are exams.

I would like to know which universitys and courses that provide a 70% coursework - 30% exam. Or even better 100% coursework.
Reply 4
Have you checked out unistats or which?uni? They usually have info about percentage coursework/exams. I've applied for art & design courses at Nottingham Trent and they are 100% coursework, but I applied for same subject at Leeds and that's like 60% exam 40% coursework. So it really varies between unis too.
Original post by lostsoulo
What university are you attending, i wouldn't mind doing Graphic design. I am currently studying Business, but i am at Heriot Watt and they only do coursework for one module which is Critical Writing (English). It sucks to be honest that in 4 modules i only do 1 coursework for 1 module and the rest are exams.

I would like to know which universitys and courses that provide a 70% coursework - 30% exam. Or even better 100% coursework.

I'm at the University of Worcester, but you need to decide what course is right for you. If your career choice doesn't require a related degree then go for whatever you enjoy. :smile:
Original post by lostsoulo
Is there any coursework based degrees, i ****ing hate exams with a passion

I know somebody at Worcester and they say theirs is mainly coursework!

Quick Reply