The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA offers thread!

Scroll to see replies

Got an unconditional offer for American Studies! Definitely my firm choice.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Unconditional for English Lit with Creative Writing - UEA is my firm!
Unconditional for American studies and American studies with English literature, so happy definitely my firm! Heard of a few people getting unconditional for this course though which makes me wonder are they just not getting any applicants? Either way over the moon
(edited 9 years ago)
]Unconditional for American studies and American studies with English literature, so happy definitely my firm! Heard of a few people getting unconditional for this course though which makes me wonder are they just not getting any applicants? Either way over the moon
Has anybody else been given an unconditional for American Studies in UEA? They first gave me conditional then emailed me the next morning saying I've been given an unconditional upgrade!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 245
I was on the applicant day a couple of days ago. Has anyone had offer for Pharmacy yet?
Original post by esmeb56
Has anybody else been given an unconditional for American Studies in UEA? They first gave me conditional then emailed me the next morning saying I've been given an unconditional upgrade!

Yes I have, is it your firm?
Original post by bethfaye
Original post by esmeb56

Yes I have, is it your firm?

I think it will be, I have to look at my grades and Warwick first :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I applied on Monday and I kid you not, they responded within a day!
I got a conditional offer for Psychology-ABB
I'm pretty excited. :smile:
Got unconditional for Accounting and Finance :yeah:
Still on the fence on whether or not to Firm it or go with Sheffield. Anyone else doing Accounting and Finance/Management?
Original post by Silvalry
Still on the fence on whether or not to Firm it or go with Sheffield. Anyone else doing Accounting and Finance/Management?

I am also considering Sheffield(AAB) ( though for BA History) but have an unconditional from UEA. Very different Uni's what's worrying you the type of uni or the study content? :smile:
Anyone applied for Energy engineering and gotten offers??
Reply 252
Hey, anyone else waiting for the 28th? Got my interview for Natural Sciences, pretty scary.
Original post by dyslexicvegie
I am also considering Sheffield(AAB) ( though for BA History) but have an unconditional from UEA. Very different Uni's what's worrying you the type of uni or the study content? :smile:

I like the optional modules at UEA. Some of them let you learn a language which I think would be fun and great for my CV. I like Norwich as a city but Sheffield is nice too, and I keep hearing how I'll regret not going to a RG uni. Have you been to the open days? :smile:
I like the optional modules at UEA. Some of them let you learn a language which I think would be fun and great for my CV. I like Norwich as a city but Sheffield is nice too, and I keep hearing how I'll regret not going to a RG uni. Have you been to the open days? :smile:

For History ( and I think most other degrees) Sheffield offer 2-4 modules to be taken in other subjects in your first year.
Yes I did go to a Sheffield open day. All the buildings are in reasonably close proximity to each other and the library is all new and situated in a Park. :smile:
Not a cosy as a campus mainly due to the massive roads running through it. :mad:
The RG thing is a worry for me to but when I asked some Sheffield Students how often there lecturers were off doing all that award winning research, and not teaching, the answer was - A LOT. :s-smilie:
Got an unconditional offer for American Studies with a year abroad. Anyone else studying that? :biggrin:
Original post by MiaRaider
Got an unconditional offer for American Studies with a year abroad. Anyone else studying that? :biggrin:

Yep! Exact same offer. :smile:
Reply 257

Original post by dyslexicvegie

Hi, I'm a 3rd year accounting and finance student. I also wanted to go to Sheffield University but they rejected me.

Some things you might want to take on board, UEA is ranked higher and might be more fun, but in terms of employment you might be better off at Sheffield.

I don't feel that the university has helped me in any way to find a job, I don't know if Sheffield assist their graduates but they can't do any worse.
Awesome, I was starting to think I was the only one :smile: Is it gonna be your firm?
Original post by heirofire
Yep! Exact same offer. :smile:

And me:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending