The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roadrage27
Just came back from SEO fyft aaaand I have a lot of work to do lol

Oh I was there too. Learnt a lot and now I need to apply to all the firms, gave me some great info for J.P. Morgan though. You and me the same, got a lot of uni work and finish off applying to all the firms. How did you find it?
Original post by Razina17
Oh I was there too. Learnt a lot and now I need to apply to all the firms, gave me some great info for J.P. Morgan though. You and me the same, got a lot of uni work and finish off applying to all the firms. How did you find it?

Tiring! but I learned a lot, didn't realise the competition was going to be sooo tough!
JP Morgan have extended the deadline to submit applications, does this mean they will still not be rolling? Or will they most likely start looking at applications on the 30th like was first planned?
Original post by MathsNerd1
JP Morgan have extended the deadline to submit applications, does this mean they will still not be rolling? Or will they most likely start looking at applications on the 30th like was first planned?

Bump. Same question. Did you write a cover letter?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Bump. Same question. Did you write a cover letter?

There isn't anywhere to upload one, so I wasn't going to do it. Should I?
There isn't anywhere to upload one, so I wasn't going to do it. Should I?

A lot of people said it is optional. But I don't think its even optional...the text above said "attach transcript or cover letter, if applicable" - the upload text also said "Upload CV" quite clearly...seems that they are not expecting the letters.Am I reading into this too much?

My hesitation would be that I repeat the 300 word compulsory response, which would make the cover letter seem disingenuous.

Spoke to a few summer interns and ex-SW applicants. They got through without one, so...
A lot of people said it is optional. But I don't think its even optional...the text above said "attach transcript or cover letter, if applicable" - the upload text also said "Upload CV" quite clearly...seems that they are not expecting the letters.Am I reading into this too much?

My hesitation would be that I repeat the 300 word compulsory response, which would make the cover letter seem disingenuous.

Spoke to a few summer interns and ex-SW applicants. They got through without one, so...

Yeah, I'm not going to bother. The only reason they'd extend the deadline is because they're not getting as many applicants as they were first expecting.

My concern lies with the question about a recent news article, that one is going to be pretty hard.
Yeah, I'm not going to bother. The only reason they'd extend the deadline is because they're not getting as many applicants as they were first expecting.

My concern lies with the question about a recent news article, that one is going to be pretty hard.

OPEC/Regulation.. Browse the FT for 5 mintues
Original post by Anonynous
OPEC/Regulation.. Browse the FT for 5 mintues

Thanks man, I'll have a look into that now. I did read a little into the OPEC meeting just didn't know if JP was strong in commodities or not. I literally don't know much at all about all this, so yeah, really need to learn all of it quickly!

you write a cl for jpm over 300 words it aint gna get read when your comp qs already are a mini cl

They look at applications after the deadline so after 7th December
Signed BAML contract, so 1 SW secured. I'm out guys, prioritising studies from here on out. Goodluck lads!
Original post by Anonynous
Signed BAML contract, so 1 SW secured. I'm out guys, prioritising studies from here on out. Goodluck lads!

I'm jealous!

Well done mate! Well deserved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here whos actually not from the UK?
Original post by Mralpha

Me
Original post by smashzeJ
Me

Said it yesterday I know, but keep at it pal
Original post by Mralpha

I am not :smile:
Has jp Morgan extended the deadline for Spring week: inside the industry, investment banking and risk?
Original post by smashzeJ
^^^^ nice cw quote:biggrin:

Just had my ac with icap, think ill get the offer. Got a wuestion like whats the diff between a trader and a broker? I was like wtf

Able to give any other hints? Mine is after the new year but don't know how to prepare in the best way. Cheers.
p
Original post by Vorsah
Has jp Morgan extended the deadline for Spring week: inside the industry, investment banking and risk?

You have until the 7th Dec.

Latest

Trending

Trending