The Student Room Group

Salford University vs Manchester Metropolitan University

Hi guys, I am currently studying Games Design and I will soon be moving onto a University. With that said I feel like I have a choice between Salford Uni and MMU.

I got advised by my teacher in college that Salford Uni had a lot of recent change when it came to support for aspiring game developers and that I should choose it for that reason, but then again, my sister was treated horribly at Salford a year ago while she was studying Spanish, problems with classes, test papers getting lost by the Uni etc. and instead she advised me to pick MMU over Salford.

So, my question is, which should I pick, which uni has better accomodations, but most importantly, which has better facilities for someone that will be learning an IT and Media intensive subject which requires teachers knowing their stuff (contrary to my current college's opinion that a math teacher is sufficient enough to teach games design) but also a Uni that has up to date software and hardware that is also much needed.

Thanks in advance!
Well I just know MMU just recently built some new accommodations, some is still under construction and the just finished ones already have a few people living there wooo!

It looked pretty nice from my view, on the bus though...

I'd probably pick MMU...Why? My friend used to go Salford also said it's not good and I've walked Salford before...the impression wasn't very good for me.
I dropped out of Salford and started in MMU this year and I think it's the best decision I've ever made! I think MMU is a lot more modern and has a much wider selection of accommodation and the campus is just a whole lot better in my opinion.
Reply 3
Hi I know this is a little late but I got an offer at Salford through clearing since I didnt meet MMU entry requirements. I dont like what I hear about Salford but I really want to go uni, like you did could I transfer from Salford to MMU after my first year if I do really well in my first year and how do I go about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending