The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Mental health nursing September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Chloe did you get my PM reply? Not sure if it went properly?

Have you both had a response yet? I got an offer today from staffs uni for a place in adult nursing :-) I can't bloody believe it and after that experience on Tuesday where I fell to pieces as well I thought I had no chance...

So pleased. I hope u both had or have good news too xxx
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 81
Well done :smile: I didn't get in, never mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my unconditional for march start through on ucas today :smile:
Aw kyle sorry to hear this that's pants :-(

And congratulations Charlie....pressures on now to get the grades. if all goes to plan I will be sstarting sept 2015 x
Reply 84
I've still go an interview for keele which was my first choice anyway, staffs was like my back up plan, the placements would be really inconvenient anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Keele is on my list too...I unfortunately haven't even had a interview invite yet ;-(
Reply 86
I'm sure you will do! I just pray to god I get an offer otherwise I'll have to speak to my department matron and see about a secondment for ODP training

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah so your local then Kyle and work in the local hospital?? I am sure you'll be fine at least you have a interview you could be like me with no interview! haha! Keele is my first choice as well to be honest so its a bit disappointing that i havent been offered an interview.

Did Staffs give you feedback on why they declined your application?
Reply 88
Yeah I live about 15 minutes away & work in North staffs hospital, I'm sure you will get an interview! If I want feedback I have to email them so I have done, but I've not heard anything back from them yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
dont blame you. always helps to know in case it is something that you could do differently for the keele interview.

I hope so.... I live in Trentham and have two kids and a husband to look after :biggrin: so Keele is the most ideal for placements etc
Hi, just wondering if anyone could share what qualifications they have when applying for the mental health degree?

did anyone do a access course or just a levels
thanks
Hi

I am currently doing the access course.... but i am applying for Adult Nursing. If this helps x
Hi Laura that's great :smile: what gCses did you have and experience towards ur application? I'm nervous my access won't be enough :frown: x laura_burgess
snap me too Steph.... my GCSE's were from 13 years ago so unlikely to be valuable for me anyway...which is good as they were not very impressive to be honest.

my background is i am 28 years old, currently study the access course one day a week (have to do the same amount of work at home) and i work in a office 3 days a week and have been volunteering at the douglas macmillan inpatient unit since May and then before that i volunteered at a local residential home. I am married with two children (5 years and 1 year old).

I have applied to staffs, keele and derby.... you?
Original post by laura_burgess
snap me too Steph.... my GCSE's were from 13 years ago so unlikely to be valuable for me anyway...which is good as they were not very impressive to be honest.

my background is i am 28 years old, currently study the access course one day a week (have to do the same amount of work at home) and i work in a office 3 days a week and have been volunteering at the douglas macmillan inpatient unit since May and then before that i volunteered at a local residential home. I am married with two children (5 years and 1 year old).

I have applied to staffs, keele and derby.... you?

Hey, I was just wondering if you have an interview at Derby or Keele yet? Mine at Derby is on the 15th and I can't find anyone else doing the same course there! :smile:
Original post by emmilly11
Hey, I was just wondering if you have an interview at Derby or Keele yet? Mine at Derby is on the 15th and I can't find anyone else doing the same course there! :smile:

Hi Emily

No not yet I am booked in on the 18th.

Scared! Eek!
Me too!
Good luck x
Hey, I have applied for Mental Health Nursing too at B.C.U, Chester, Staffordshire, Cardiff and Manchester and only heard off 3 so far. However, I couldn't attend my Chester interview date so asked for a new date but haven't heard back off them since. The prep I have done so far for my interview is just printing off news about mental health, highlighting key parts and reflecting on it. I have also made a list of skills I think is important and that I have. I need to do some maths and English revision as its been a while since I did my GCSE's and forgotten abit. If anyone has any advise on any other prep I could do and what they got asked/had to do at their own interviews it would be great? xxx
Original post by Carys Morgan
Hey, I have applied for Mental Health Nursing too at B.C.U, Chester, Staffordshire, Cardiff and Manchester and only heard off 3 so far. However, I couldn't attend my Chester interview date so asked for a new date but haven't heard back off them since. The prep I have done so far for my interview is just printing off news about mental health, highlighting key parts and reflecting on it. I have also made a list of skills I think is important and that I have. I need to do some maths and English revision as its been a while since I did my GCSE's and forgotten abit. If anyone has any advise on any other prep I could do and what they got asked/had to do at their own interviews it would be great? xxx

Id read up on 'no health without mental health' and confidentially in mental health with people lacking capacity :smile:
Ill have to look that up :smile: thank you! Where you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending