The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Applicants & Offer Holders (2015 entry)

Hey. I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I decided to start one. Eager to 'meet' you all. Cheers. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
By the way, I hold an unconditional offer for MSc Mechanical Engineering.:ahee::yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi Danny.

I'd like to apply for an MA/MSc in International Relations. I haven't applied yet but I'm considering it. I only got 63 in second year however from an RG doing Politics. I feel I can get that up in third year as I was on study abroad for second year. Does anyone have some advice on this? I'd like to apply for the postgrad, but I'm not sure what grade you need, is it only high 2:1/1st that are offered a place?
Reply 3
Original post by Eboracum
Hi Danny.

I'd like to apply for an MA/MSc in International Relations. I haven't applied yet but I'm considering it. I only got 63 in second year however from an RG doing Politics. I feel I can get that up in third year as I was on study abroad for second year. Does anyone have some advice on this? I'd like to apply for the postgrad, but I'm not sure what grade you need, is it only high 2:1/1st that are offered a place?

Hey! :smile:
Would you mind telling me what RG means? And pertaining to what grades you need to get it, it depends on:
1. The quantity of applications for the said course;
2. The quality of other applications.
Also, academics isn't the only factor that is put into consideration when giving out offers.

Good luck.:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Eboracum
Hi Danny.

Hey! Seems like against all odds, you got your offer. Well done! 😊☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey! I was wondering if any of you were requested to submit a questionnaire? I applied 2 weeks ago for a MA in History of Art and have just been notified that my application has been forwarded to the department of History of Art for considertation and that I'll soon receive a questionnaire that I'm required to fill in.
Reply 6
Hi everyone! I'm quite new here.

I'm planning on submitting my application for the MSc International Public Policy program by January 2015.

However, I'm just slightly worried about my degree background. I graduated from the Norwegian Univ. of Science and Technology recently with a BSc Economics (2:1), in which I deliberately spent my entire last year in the program taking quantitative modules designed for first-year MSc Economics students at my local university.Nevertheless, with the courses such as IPE and Comparative Political Economy being offered by the MSc IPP program, I'm hoping that I'll not be standing in complete disadvantage to the majority of applicants coming from relatively more qualitative-intensive degree backgrounds. What do you guys think?
Reply 7
Original post by cosycosy
Hey! I was wondering if any of you were requested to submit a questionnaire? I applied 2 weeks ago for a MA in History of Art and have just been notified that my application has been forwarded to the department of History of Art for considertation and that I'll soon receive a questionnaire that I'm required to fill in.

Nope. No questionnaire for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by chelsng
Hi everyone! I'm quite new here.

I'm planning on submitting my application for the MSc International Public Policy program by January 2015.

However, I'm just slightly worried about my degree background. I graduated from the Norwegian Univ. of Science and Technology recently with a BSc Economics (2:1), in which I deliberately spent my entire last year in the program taking quantitative modules designed for first-year MSc Economics students at my local university.Nevertheless, with the courses such as IPE and Comparative Political Economy being offered by the MSc IPP program, I'm hoping that I'll not be standing in complete disadvantage to the majority of applicants coming from relatively more qualitative-intensive degree backgrounds. What do you guys think?

Ok. I don't know ANYTHING about Economics. LOL. But I feel that since the courses you did are for MSc students, it should give them a sense of 'advance-ness' in your favour and that shouldn't hinder you in any way. Once again, I know nothing about Economics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Maybe I should've been more specific with my degree background! Basically, a majority of my undergraduate modules have been quite math-intensive, and thus, I am fearing that I have not been exposed enough to extensive writing tasks throughout my undergraduate years as a preparation for MSc in IPP. I initially planned to proceed toward MSc Economics, that's why, but now changed my mind. I'm going to explain this clearly in my personal statement indeed, and that my application to this program come out of genuine interest in the specific courses offered :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi there! Got two offers from UCL, for the MSc in Public Policy and the MSc in International Public Policy. To avoid having to choose between these two I am waiting for the reply from another university I applied to.
Reply 11
Original post by Iñigo
Hi there! Got two offers from UCL, for the MSc in Public Policy and the MSc in International Public Policy. To avoid having to choose between these two I am waiting for the reply from another university I applied to.

Haha. I know how it can be. Congratulations on your offers. And good luck with your pending application. All the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thank you! Congratulations on your unconditional offer :smile:
Reply 13
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get a better picture from your experiences.
I applied for Msc in economics and policy of energy and the environment on Monday (8-December) just wanted to know how long does the review for postgrad. applications take till you get an offer/rejection? not a big fan of the waiting game.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by joeqtr
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get a better picture from your experiences.
I applied for Msc in economics and policy of energy and the environment on Monday (8-December) just wanted to know how long does the review for postgrad. applications take till you get an offer/rejection? not a big fan of the waiting game.

Hey!
I got an offer 3 weeks after my 2nd reference was submitted. Altogether, 8 weeks from submission of my application.
I think it all depends on the department and programme you're applying to.
Reply 15
Completely agree with Danny, I think they say it takes around 8 weeks but depending on your programme, application and competition for places it could be sooner or later. :smile: Best of luck!
Reply 16
Original post by joeqtr

hi,
I am an offer holder of this programme. And I complete it at 07/11 and got offer at 22/11. Just 2 weeks!

Wish to heard your good news:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Iñigo

hi,
first big cong! And I also applied two MSc and I received one offer but the other one just has been completing about 4 weeks. I wonder is that possible for me to get two offers just like you did. Because the two programmes I applied all belong to Bartlett department.

any answer will be appreciated:smile:
Reply 18
Thank you! And right back at you! Of course it's possible, and I wish you the best of luck with the second application. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Iñigo
Thank you! And right back at you! Of course it's possible, and I wish you the best of luck with the second application. :smile:

Cheers mate. one problem is that I have accepted one so don't know whether influence the second one. finger crossed!

And I also wait LSE and IC. Wish we all could go to dream school:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending