The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Living with 14 people

What is it like living with so many people?
How do people get on with the kitchen and noise level?

Thank you😁
Reply 1
What halls? As the only one i know with 14 people is Yarlet, And put it like this, you don't want to live in Yarlet...
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
when I went to the open day in October they said you live with between 12 to 14 people in halls.
I got shown around wedgwood and that's what they said :smile: Is this not the case?
Reply 3
Not a clue about stoke sorry.
Original post by Dana.
What halls? As the only one i know with 14 people is Yarlet, And put it like this, you don't want to live in Yarlet...

I've heard this a lot, I didn't get to go inside Yarlet on the day so I was just wondering if I could get your opinion on it.
Reply 5
Original post by alexandraflo96
I've heard this a lot, I didn't get to go inside Yarlet on the day so I was just wondering if I could get your opinion on it.

I've personally only been in once, and it wasn't that nice. It smelt like old church, the carpets were stained (Despite being told it gets renovated practically every year from the students wrecking it) and has some horror stories to go with it.

If i was applying i'd rather go into standard in stafford court than Yarlet.
Original post by Lulumise
What is it like living with so many people?
How do people get on with the kitchen and noise level?

Thank you������

Hi Lulumise,

Hope you are well.

We actually have somebody within our team, Jack Tomkins, who lived in the Staffordshire University Halls, and he has very fond memories of his time there.

"Living with a lot of people is like living with one large family. There is always someone around to talk to, it’s a very sociable experience.

The Kitchens are big and there are plenty of kitchen equipment (ovens and fridges) for you all to share. Everyone has their own body clock so no one’s cooking at the exact same time. The same for the showers in the morning (if you’re going to share a bathroom) everyone has different timetables some may be in at 9am while others won’t start till the afternoon

In terms of noise, in halls there are second or third year students that are Student Wardens who live with fresher’s there as your first point of contact so if you have a problem such as noise they will sort it out for you."

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Phil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending