The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway or Kingston?

I want to do Film, Television and Digital production and I'm down to my final choice of university. I'm wondering which one is best to choose. Anyone got any ideas? Also which one's around the nicer area.
Reply 1
Original post by ehtp
I want to do Film, Television and Digital production and I'm down to my final choice of university. I'm wondering which one is best to choose. Anyone got any ideas? Also which one's around the nicer area.

I've been down to look at Kingston and I was pleasantly surprised. The area around there is really beautiful, near the river thames, a bit windy but the area is nice and clean, a huge shopping centre nearby and just a nice friendly area. There's people performing on the streets, there's really convenient transport, loads of different buses to wherever.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jadys10
I've been down to look at Kingston and I was pleasantly surprised. The area around there is really beautiful, near the river thames, a bit windy but the area is nice and clean, a huge shopping centre nearby and just a nice friendly area. There's people performing on the streets, there's really convenient transport, loads of different buses to wherever.

Thanks. I've been near the area before (Teddington) and that was a really nice area.
Hi! I'm applying for the film and tv production at both places too! I'm applying from abroad so haven't had the chance to visit the campuses but from the pictures rhul looks really good and I know someone there who takes the same course and she loves it!
Original post by ehtp

Hi

I am a current Royal Holloway student, I am one term into my fourth year here. I am of course, terribly biased but this is my personal opinion of the area around Royal Holloway and the campus.

Royal Holloway is set in verdant Surrey, it is clean and the environment is not at all threatening. Royal Holloway has easy access to London by train, Staines-upon-Thames and Windsor by bus. Both Staines and Windsor have shopping centres. Egham currently has a large Tesco and will soon also have a Waitrose, there is also a Sainsbury's nearby. The campus itself is self contained, gorgeous and friendly. The Founders building is impressive, beautiful and always a welcome sight.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Tom
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending