The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Ah looks like a rejection by silence for me then!
Original post by TempestLaw
I have a friend that's entitled to, I think, three months of a pupillage due to their advocacy work. I imagine it's that sort of candidate that they're looking for

Thanks. I realise that reductions are available due to previous experience etc but it just made no sense to advertise as 12 month positions if they are only considering people who can complete a pupillage in less than 12 months. I have emailed them to clarify but no response yet.
Any news on college Chambers anyone?
Their invites to first round interviews came out last week by post
Reply 24
Farringdon or 2DJ anyone?
Original post by kate_fenwick26
Their invites to first round interviews came out last week by post

Is this for College Chambers? When did you get your letter? Looks like another rejection for me then!
Original post by Vakil
Farringdon or 2DJ anyone?

I believe Farringdon had interviews a while ago - although I am still technically waiting to hear from them!
Reply 27
I'm still waiting on 2DJ, as is someone else I know who applied.
Reply 28
Farringdon offers are out. This is my third year or so of applying, I am not an Oxbridge type, and do not have your standard barrister's background. Proof that there is hope for all of us (after years of struggle!)
Original post by NJames
Farringdon offers are out. This is my third year or so of applying, I am not an Oxbridge type, and do not have your standard barrister's background. Proof that there is hope for all of us (after years of struggle!)

Do you mind telling us a bit about your background? I applied to Farringdon and didn't get an interview and am determined to work out why! This coming year is the last year I can apply so I have to give it my all.
Original post by NJames

Congratulations!
For those waiting to here my rejection from College Chambers arrived either Friday or Saturday. Very politely worded but expressly mentioned that they are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications
Reply 32
Anyone considering applying to Nexus chambers?
Reply 33
Mildly off topic: has anyone gotten a mini-pupillage with Devereux chambers? If so, did your letter say 'I was very impressed with your application...'. I'm trying to assess if it's genuine or generic.

Cheers x
Has anyone emailed 2DJ to ask when we may hear anything?
2 DJ, anyone?
Reply 36
Last year I got my 2DrJ rejection on 6th Jan, so maybe we're looking at a similar date...

I know I said earlier I was expecting to hear in December, but their deadline was a month earlier this time, so I assumed it would take the same length of time, rather than take 3 1/2 months - is the wait killing anyone else?

PS Happy Pupillage New Year :crossedf:
Original post by pinktape
Last year I got my 2DrJ rejection on 6th Jan, so maybe we're looking at a similar date...

I know I said earlier I was expecting to hear in December, but their deadline was a month earlier this time, so I assumed it would take the same length of time, rather than take 3 1/2 months - is the wait killing anyone else?

PS Happy Pupillage New Year :crossedf:

A little bit agonising. Thanks for the info! I had emailed and was told all decisions (be it rejection or acceptance) would be out between xmas and new year. Oh well, "wait and see" is the only option at this point.
Original post by Nordic
Mildly off topic: has anyone gotten a mini-pupillage with Devereux chambers? If so, did your letter say 'I was very impressed with your application...'. I'm trying to assess if it's genuine or generic.

Cheers x

I did, in June 2013, and they were also very impressed with my application. Not sufficiently impressed, however my rejection without interview in that year's applications came through a week later... :s-smilie:
Reply 39
Original post by mordantrich
I did, in June 2013, and they were also very impressed with my application. Not sufficiently impressed, however my rejection without interview in that year's applications came through a week later... :s-smilie:

I thought it was a generic line! Thanks for the clarification. Any luck with pupillage applications/interviews elsewhere?

Quick Reply