The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Applicant Days at Huddersfield University

Hey everyone,

I have been invited to attend an Applicant Day for my chosen course on 31/01/15. Please can someone tell me what to expect on this day.

Thank you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Hi Jack,

I am a current student and one of the people helping with the AVDs. The aim of these days is to give you an opportunity to visit the University before you make your first and insurance choices. At an AVD, you will be able to take a campus tour, to look at other aspects of the university/town/accommodation etc and to talk to representatives from your course. If you have been to one of the University's open days and you do not have any more questions, then you can choose to not come to an AVD. If, however, you have been invited for an interview by the tutors at your course and this is going to take place on the day, please make sure that you attend the event.

If you have any other questions, you can also contact the University at any time or ask your questions on the thread that is managed by the University's staff :-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi Cinnamon,

Thank you for your reply. It is because I was unable to attend any open day this year and wanted clarification as to what will happen on that day. :smile:
:smile: Well, these events are much smaller than the open days, but still very good to attend. It's better to visit the universities before making the final choices. I'll see you next month then, even though I won't know who you are haha
Reply 5
That is what I am intending to before I make the final choice.

Also is the university near to Huddersfield station? I will be travelling from London so I will have to leave early.
The uni is 5-10 minutes away by foot from the railway station and from the bus station. There may be some student ambassadors in orange t-shirts at the train station to show you the way; if not, have a look on some maps. The uni is just 3 streets away. :smile:
Reply 7
I went to the open day, and I've got my applicant day on the 14th of Jan, but i'm just thinking whether it would be worth the train fares travelling from London up to Huddersfield, and I am most likely to put this as my firm >.<
Reply 8
I'm intending to firm Huddersfield as my first choice, so yes I do think it's worth it to travel from London.
Reply 9
I've got an applicant day for my course on 31/1/15, so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I have been offered a place for engineering. Im from manchester so not that far..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending