The Student Room Group

HSBC Summer Work Experience Placement Events

Scroll to see replies

Original post by londoncricket
Ah okay that's great! It feels satisfying to have something with the HSBC logo on it, my name, and them saying that they want to see me:smile: or maybe that's just me...

Ah right that sounds absolutely fantastic. I absolutely believe the same: if nobody else is wearing a tie, I won't, etc.

What is your post name?

Hahaha ik what you mean, I'm so excited!
What do you mean by post name??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nush1597

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here!

I am 'Branch Network Work Experience' I also applied for 'Corporate Centre'.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

Was wondering whether you completed your work experience placement?

I finished mine today. Had great fun, met loads of new brilliant people. All of them were very, very nice, down-to-earth people. Learnt a lot as well. Possibly made a couple of contacts in the process.

Anyone else done theirs?
Ohh wow that's so good! Were there many work experience kids there?

No my work experience starts on the 30th June so I still have couple of weeks to go, I cannot wait :biggrin:

Btw what kind of clothes did you end up wearing and what was the atmosphere like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh wow that's so good! Were there many work experience kids there?

No my work experience starts on the 30th June so I still have couple of weeks to go, I cannot wait :biggrin:

Btw what kind of clothes did you end up wearing and what was the atmosphere like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thanks. Nope, only me!

That's brilliant, hope you have fun.

I know you're female, but I wore a grey suit, with a white long sleeve shirt and brown brogues. I wore a different colour tie each day, formal colours though. All of the female employees wore a white blouse and grey pencil skirt, along with heeled shoes.

I tried to maintain a good relationship with all of the staff, this may help me in the future with contacts, etc. Another thing is that all of them are really, really nice people.

Hope this helps and have fun!
Ah, thanks. Nope, only me!

That's brilliant, hope you have fun.

I know you're female, but I wore a grey suit, with a white long sleeve shirt and brown brogues. I wore a different colour tie each day, formal colours though. All of the female employees wore a white blouse and grey pencil skirt, along with heeled shoes.

I tried to maintain a good relationship with all of the staff, this may help me in the future with contacts, etc. Another thing is that all of them are really, really nice people.

Hope this helps and have fun!

Thanks!x
Oh okay that's alright then coz I was planning to wear pencil trousers with formal tops and heeled shoes as well!

I hope the people in my office are equally nice and I get to create a few contacts too along the way!

Thankss again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!x
Oh okay that's alright then coz I was planning to wear pencil trousers with formal tops and heeled shoes as well!

I hope the people in my office are equally nice and I get to create a few contacts too along the way!

Thankss again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that sounds all good!

Yeah, mine were especially good people I think!

No problem! Hope you get a lot out of the work experience!
Original post by uannaka
They've asked me to do an online assessment last week which I've done and now I'm still waiting for a reply if they'll offer me a telephone interview. I've applied for the Commercial Business Analytics Work Experience Placement btw.

where did you do the online assessment? which website?
Hey, can anyone tell me where you guys applied from for the work experience thing? What is the website called?
I called the HSBC Recruitment Centre on +44 20 7832 8500 and a guy called Matt that I spoke to told me that I had secured the work experience!

how did you apply for it? from which website?
Original post by ridirahman
how did you apply for it? from which website?

Unfortunately you have missed it and HSBC Summer Work Experience has finished now for 2014. You can apply for 2015 Work Experience opportunities at HSBC nearer Summer 2015. The work experience application process starts here:

http://jobs.hsbc.co.uk/apprentices/how-to-apply/work-experience-application-process.aspx

Hope this helps.
Original post by uannaka
They've asked me to do an online assessment last week which I've done and now I'm still waiting for a reply if they'll offer me a telephone interview. I've applied for the Commercial Business Analytics Work Experience Placement btw.

What did the online assessment consist of? :smile:
Is this work experience program any good, can you work at the head office in Canary Wharf, or do you have to work at a local branch?
Original post by djm1999
Is this work experience program any good, can you work at the head office in Canary Wharf, or do you have to work at a local branch?

It is good, especially for the CV.

No, HSBC do not allow children on their HQ at Canary Wharf, it is usually in local branches, or in some large branches, such as Ealing Broadway, London.
It is good, especially for the CV.

No, HSBC do not allow children on their HQ at Canary Wharf, it is usually in local branches, or in some large branches, such as Ealing Broadway, London.

I am thinking about applying, I have already got some great work experience anyway. Why do they not let GCSE students in their HQ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by djm1999
I am thinking about applying, I have already got some great work experience anyway. Why do they not let GCSE students in their HQ?

Where have you got work experience?

That's great! That person may be able to get you in!

Because they don't want children running around inside, I guess?
(edited 9 years ago)
Where have you got work experience?

That's great! That person may be able to get you in!

Because they don't want children running around inside, I guess?

It was last year, I managed to get some at a private equity firm through a contact
Original post by djm1999
It was last year, I managed to get some at a private equity firm through a contact

Well done!
Well done!

Thanks, seen your other posts, are you interested in IB/finance?-What work experience have you done? :smile:
Original post by djm1999
Thanks, seen your other posts, are you interested in IB/finance?-What work experience have you done? :smile:

PM me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending