The Student Room Group

2015 Asset Management / Trading Graduate Programs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emergingmarkets
If you have received an offer from any top assets management firm than its mean your strategy has worked, and I applaud you for that. Referring to your point, I have been trading over the last 4 years and made healthy return on my portfolio. I agree that Finance background may help with basis but does mean that this is predefined they will make good research analyst or portfolio manager. In financial markets investments one conviction, gut feeling in conjunction with good intuitive research will certainly produce good results.
I have not studied finance & economics degree neither gone to top most university in UK. Unfortunately, my university did not have any investment society for me to participate but I have been top ranked trader in event sponsored by large investment bank in Europe. The only reason I was not called for the interview as per the terms & condition of the competition is still unknown to me but my presumptions is it could be because of their love for hiring Oxford & Cambridge university. In nut shell you made of good point of selling unconventional techniques to these companies, which in hindsight may work best for you. This all comes down to one individual saying something better than its other peer on given day and that can make big difference. My CV and cover letter covers all the aspects that you mentioned above, but my application to interview ratio is still quite low.

I am coming from an ex poli uni but am getting quite a few interview invites. I think the uni does matter but its not everythig. I was fortunate enough to secure lots of industry related experience and some prof qualifications and this has played well for me. Point being, do not give up and be ambitious - it is always possible. Cheers;
Hello everyone,

Just wondering how people are doing with grad positions for BlackRock and AIG investments? Anybody had interviews/ac?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by souman
I got an invite to the interview for Aberdeen today.

For grad or internship?
Original post by spoli21
For grad or internship?

intern; you have to have been on their internship to be able to get on their grad scheme.
Original post by souman
intern; you have to have been on their internship to be able to get on their grad scheme.

Congrats, I just got an e-mail "due to the high volume of apps we are still processing your application ..."
Reply 265
Original post by spoli21
Congrats, I just got an e-mail "due to the high volume of apps we are still processing your application ..."

Same here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone else schroders wealth management cv passed to the desk
Reply 267
Standard Life gallup interview invite.
Reply 268
Original post by amoled

Same. What is it exactly?

Is it a pre-recorded video interview? It doesn't seem like it is - but I was under the impression that's what Gallup provided, or maybe phone interviews....

Unfortunately I wont have time to do it before Christmas :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 269
Original post by TkTk
Same. What is it exactly?

Is it a pre-recorded video interview? It doesn't seem like it is - but I was under the impression that's what Gallup provided, or maybe phone interviews....

Unfortunately I wont have time to do it before Christmas :/

Yes I thought it was a phone interview but from the email it seems to be an online test. Any idea when we have to do it by? Also is it possible to fail this?
Reply 270
Original post by amoled
Yes I thought it was a phone interview but from the email it seems to be an online test. Any idea when we have to do it by? Also is it possible to fail this?

Well they say how we'd hear back once everyone has finished it. So, I guess that'll be one of the first weeks of work following the Christmas break? I can't imagine they'll chase up people who haven't finished it by the end of this week :P
Anyone had an interview with Macquarie for Infrastructure and Real Assets?
Reply 272
Original post by amoled

Same here, I'll probably take it tomorrow.

Still nothing from Schroders... More than 2 months since the last update...
Original post by pcke
Same here, I'll probably take it tomorrow.

Still nothing from Schroders... More than 2 months since the last update...

Same invite for me for the Gallup test for SLI.

Got a pretty strange email on Friday from Schroders though.....saying I had failed the online tests?

I find this strange because a.) I got invited to video interview about 5 days after the tests back in October and b.) I found the Schroders tests very straightforward and have had no problems with the tests for other firms.

Anybody else get this email?
Original post by BillGross

Got a pretty strange email on Friday from Schroders though.....saying I had failed the online tests?

I find this strange because a.) I got invited to video interview about 5 days after the tests back in October and b.) I found the Schroders tests very straightforward and have had no problems with the tests for other firms.

The desk are reviewing cvs now for the ac on the 30th jan. I would guess its a way of saying you didnt pass the screening after the video.
Original post by amoled

Which division did u apply for? Thanks
Reply 276
Original post by BillGross

Unfortunately I got it to. It's very strange, given the tests were near identical to countless other tests I have sat and passed for applications. I'm quite annoyed they sent this email - I don't think I would be one of the strongest candidates by any means, but a bit of feedback would be appreciated..... Maybe it's easier than giving a legitimate reason why?
Reply 277
Original post by 09001904
Which division did u apply for? Thanks

Investments - equities
Original post by amoled
Investments - equities

thanks for the reply! good luck!!!!!
Hi guys. Was just wondering what the score is with the BlackRock graduate programme. I applied to the equities role and as a second choice I put down fixed income. I was rejected from fixed income today but haven't heard about equities. Does this mean I am still in the process for the equities position or have I been rejected from both? Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending