The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bittr n swt
They probably did that because uea isn't a great uni and they want more numbers on the course...

Oh?

14th in The Guardian league tables?
http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2014/jun/02/university-league-tables-2015-the-complete-list

9th for English Lit/Creative writing?
http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2014/jun/03/university-guide-2015-league-table-for-english-and-creative-writing

Maybe they do want more numbers on the course, but you can't deny they're climbing the league tables (so they must be a pretty 'great' uni!)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Zoelingua
Oh?

14th in The Guardian league tables?
http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2014/jun/02/university-league-tables-2015-the-complete-list

9th for English Lit/Creative writing?
http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2014/jun/03/university-guide-2015-league-table-for-english-and-creative-writing

Maybe they do want more numbers on the course, but you can't deny they're climbing the league tables (so they must be a pretty 'great' uni!)

When they get Russell group status come back to me.
Original post by bittr n swt
When they get Russell group status come back to me.

Who cares if they have Russell Group status? Certainly not the majority of students who apply/go there! And what they think is more valuable than those who disregard it as a good uni simply because it is not a Russell Group one :smile:

Maybe I just don't understand what's so amazing about Russel Group uni's compared to those who rank highly and are not a part of the group...
(edited 9 years ago)
Who cares if they have Russell Group status? Certainly not the majority of students who apply/go there! And what they think is more valuable than those who disregard it as a good uni simply because it is not a Russell Group one :smile:

Maybe I just don't understand what's so amazing about Russel Group uni's compared to those who rank highly and are not a part of the group...

Preach
Reply 524
Got an email saying my offer to study English and American Lit has been upgraded to unconditional if I firm UEA (which I've been planning to do since I first visited). I'm beyond amazed!

I got the same thing with Law on Thursday; absolutely delighted.
Original post by Wallerj
I got the same thing with Law on Thursday; absolutely delighted.

Did anything change on UCAS after you received the email?

Congrats btw :smile:
Reply 526
Did anything change on UCAS after you received the email?

Congrats btw :smile:

You too!

And yeah, it said I had a conditional offer from the UEA (Because it needs to go as firm choice to be unconditional). Just waiting on my other offers coming in, then I'll put it as the firm choice.
Reply 527
Original post by haliberries
It just got upgraded to an unconditional if I put UEA as my firm choice. So I guess I'm definitely going to UEA next year! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Did your offer appear as "conditional" in UCAS Track?
Has anyone applied to both Liverpool and UEA? I have a conditional offer for psychology from both unis but I can't seem to decide. I'm leaning slightly towards UEA though... :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Got an email saying my offer to study English and American Lit has been upgraded to unconditional if I firm UEA (which I've been planning to do since I first visited). I'm beyond amazed!

How long after you got the offer did you get the unconditional upgrade email? Congrats btw!
Reply 530
Original post by ahappydyl
How long after you got the offer did you get the unconditional upgrade email? Congrats btw!

I got my unconditional upgrade email in the same email as the original offer email.

I also have a (conditional!) offer for the same course. :biggrin:

Ignore what's being said about numbers on the course - I've heard that it's a difficult course to get onto as it's quite popular.

Well done!

The unconditional part was in the original email I got from them!

And thank you so much :biggrin: what are you hoping to study?
Original post by carlaraptor
I also have a (conditional!) offer for the same course. :biggrin:

Ignore what's being said about numbers on the course - I've heard that it's a difficult course to get onto as it's quite popular.

Well done!

Do you think UEA will be your firm?

It's so great to know someone else is looking to study the same course, I think only about 3 people from my Sixth Form are going on to study Literature so I'm pretty alone here!

Are you going to any of the applicant days?

And thank you, I'm still shocked they even offered me a place!!! Well done on your offer too :smile:
Original post by Wallerj
You too!

And yeah, it said I had a conditional offer from the UEA (Because it needs to go as firm choice to be unconditional). Just waiting on my other offers coming in, then I'll put it as the firm choice.

Sweet! Was worrying as I thought it would change to unconditional but it hadn't then I realised that it will only do that when I firm my place... Silly me :P
Reply 535
Sweet! Was worrying as I thought it would change to unconditional but it hadn't then I realised that it will only do that when I firm my place... Silly me :P

I've firmed it now. It took around a day or so from it to switch from conditional to unconditional on track, hope that helps!
Reply 536
I applied for the standard Law course, got an unconditional offer, as long as I firmed it. I have now firmed it, so, I'll be studying at the UEA from September. :smile:
The unconditional part was in the original email I got from them!

And thank you so much :biggrin: what are you hoping to study?

Just got an offer for English Literature and Philosophy!
Original post by Wallerj
I've firmed it now. It took around a day or so from it to switch from conditional to unconditional on track, hope that helps!

Ah great! Thanks for the info, good to know I need to wait a few days for it to change to unconditional on track :smile:

I'm still waiting to hear back from my other uni's though, so hopefully they'll accept/reject me soon as I really want to firm UEA ASAP!

Just got an offer for English Literature and Philosophy!

Congrats! I thought about combining with Philosophy a while back, are you going to any of the applicant days?
Congrats! I thought about combining with Philosophy a while back, are you going to any of the applicant days?

Thank you! Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure whether to go to the English Lit one or the Philosophy one...

Latest

Trending

Trending