The Student Room Group

Awards/Achievements?

I'm a mature student, applying for university in 2015. I've been looking through some of the personal statement sheets from the UCAS website and it has a section about my awards and achievements.

Other than my Grade 4 in guitar, I do not have any awards and I can't think of any achievements to mention.

Can anybody give me any ideas of what awards I can try for in the next 9 months, in order to be able to mention it on my personal statement? (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh etc)

Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EmSuds
I'm a mature student, applying for university in 2015. I've been looking through some of the personal statement sheets from the UCAS website and it has a section about my awards and achievements.

Other than my Grade 4 in guitar, I do not have any awards and I can't think of any achievements to mention.

Can anybody give me any ideas of what awards I can try for in the next 9 months, in order to be able to mention it on my personal statement? (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh etc)

Thanks.

Depends on the course you're applying for.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
Depends on the course you're applying for.

I'll be applying for Sociology.
Original post by EmSuds
I'll be applying for Sociology.

As you mentioned, DoE would be a good idea. An alternative may be to volunteer for St John's Ambulance, this could act as another 'achievement' you could discuss in your personal statement. Can't think of much more off the top of my head.
You don't need any of those things :smile: Just focus on your interest in the course in your PS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending