The Student Room Group

Mature students 2015 university applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel281094
Received my first offer, a conditional from Uni of Leicester for English and American Studies! Ecstatic!

Congratulations!
I also received my first offer yesterday, conditional from UEA to study American & English Literature :biggrin: so chuffed!
Received my first conditional offer a couple of days ago to do English at the University of Lincoln. Really chuffed as it was my first choice! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I forgot what the questions are to this thread. Anyway, I'm an Access to humanities student in London. I've applied to study English Literature at Kingston, Brunel, Queen Mary, Goldsmiths and Westminster. I will be 23 yrs old when i Start.

Has anyone had any offers from these Universities I've mentioned?
Reply 244
Original post by Nininho20
I forgot what the questions are to this thread. Anyway, I'm an Access to humanities student in London. I've applied to study English Literature at Kingston, Brunel, Queen Mary, Goldsmiths and Westminster. I will be 23 yrs old when i Start.

Has anyone had any offers from these Universities I've mentioned?

I've got an offer from Kingston but it's for Medical Biochemistry so totally different department

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are the offers we get the same as the entry requirement grades that they ask for on ucas? E.g. Ucas says I need 30 credits at distinction and 15 at merit for a place at UCL for example. Does UCL after you've had your interview then ask you for the same grade they advertised in ucas or do they adjust the requirement?
Reply 246
Original post by Nininho20
Are the offers we get the same as the entry requirement grades that they ask for on ucas? E.g. Ucas says I need 30 credits at distinction and 15 at merit for a place at UCL for example. Does UCL after you've had your interview then ask you for the same grade they advertised in ucas or do they adjust the requirement?

The two offers I've had so far are the same as advertised on UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying: Access to IT
Applied for:

KCL: Computer Science
UCL: information management for business
Westminster: Computer Network Security
Goldsmiths: Computer Science
Qmul: ITMB

Already have an offer for Goldsmiths.
(edited 9 years ago)
What are you currently studying/have studied. Studying Access to Science & Engineering at City College Plymouth
Which universities are you applying to.
Bristol, Cardiff, UWE, Plymouth, i'm leaving the 5th for now :smile:
Which course(s) do you want to do.
Mechanical Engineering
Any other info you feel like sharing.
UWE has asked for a bit more info about my maths units and i'm still waiting on the others :smile:
The 15 January UCAS deadline is fast approaching.

Every year the rush of last minute applications means the UCAS online system slows, freezes or sometimes even crashes.

If you leave your application to the last minute - ie. 15 January itself - you are asking for panic/uncertainty/worry and the fear that your application might not have 'gone'.

Anyone still planning to apply this year should therefore aim to get their application fully completed (including academic reference etc) and sent to UCAS at least a few days ahead of this deadline!
Reply 250
Original post by sydneybridge
The 15 January UCAS deadline is fast approaching.

Every year the rush of last minute applications means the UCAS online system slows, freezes or sometimes even crashes.

If you leave your application to the last minute - ie. 15 January itself - you are asking for panic/uncertainty/worry and the fear that your application might not have 'gone'.

Anyone still planning to apply this year should therefore aim to get their application fully completed (including academic reference etc) and sent to UCAS at least a few days ahead of this deadline!

A timely warning! I finally got my application in yesterday and am feeling very relieved!
Just pressed send for Early Childhood studies- never felt so much need and desire to get on this course. Good luck to all :-)
Original post by GangBang
Just pressed send for Early Childhood studies- never felt so much need and desire to get on this course. Good luck to all :-)

Well done!
What are you currently studying/have studied. Studying Access to social work and related professions

Which universities are you applying to. Anglia Ruskin (chelmsford), University Campus Suffolk, Essex (southend campus), East London and Middlesex. The last two are really just interview practise as I don't want to travel to London every day!

Which course(s) do you want to do. BA in social work

Any other info you feel like sharing. I am 30 and married with two children. Little one started school this year so started full time access course at the same time. My college only sent my application off just before the Christmas break so still waiting to hear. It is excruciating! Anyone else applying for social work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
New here.....Hi everyone. I got my interview at Chrysalis next Tuesday I'm studying counselling and psychotherapy. Anyone else done this course with Chrysalis?
Hi are there any mature students on here wishing to study Paramedic Science?
I'm an extra mature student (42) but certainly not matured my waiting skills. I had an interview at Greenwich Medway Dec 17 and it's agony waiting to hear back from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi All had an interview 06 Dec and found out a week later I had been accepted at Oxford Brookes for Mental and Adult Health nursing will be 40.9 years starting next Sept good luck all!
Applied to 3 unis--- Portsmouth have offered uncond, Chi Uni have offered an interview & Winchester want an academic ref sent rather then the employer ref i have !! So far so great !!
I now have offers for English and American Studies from both the University of Leicester and the University of Nottingham, with the latter likely to be my firm! Just waiting to hear from Birmingham, Sussex and hopefully an interview from Manchester!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Daniel281094
I now have offers for English and American Studies from both the University of Leicester and the University of Nottingham, with the latter likely to be my firm! Just waiting to hear from Birmingham, Sussex and hopefully an interview from Manchester!

I've had an offer from Nottingham for American Studies & English too :biggrin: and it may well be my firm!

Quick Reply

Latest