The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

literacy and numeracy test for Nursing at London South Bank and Middlesex

Has anyone done the literacy and numeracy test for Nursing at London south bank and middlesex? How were the questions like. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

The middlesex test is MUCH easier than southbank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
London
Reply 2
Original post by babyshawte

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much. I have middlesex on Wednesday. Do they really allow calculators?
Reply 3
Original post by akuaap
Thank you so much. I have middlesex on Wednesday. Do they really allow calculators?

Yes Middlesex allows calculators :smile:
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you pass the southbank test? im very gutted, i failed by one mark :frown: I have middlesex on feb is it exactly like the practice paper?
Original post by Jaaay3
Did you pass the southbank test? im very gutted, i failed by one mark :frown: I have middlesex on feb is it exactly like the practice paper?

I didn't pass the southbank test and I'm actually glad, because I think what they did was awful and humiliating.

I got an offer from Middlesex yesterday though :biggrin:! It's such a wonderful uni and the staff are actually kind to people.

The middlesex practice paper is similar to the real exam. They just add different questions on the same topics. Plus, you get a calculator which is even better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaaay3

Don't feel bad about it. There's a reason for everything, and you will get a uni that is better than southbank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah I did the test at lsbu yesterday and Middlesex last saturday and I think the contrast between the two unis was very drastic. I haven't obviously received the results from lsbu yet but passed maths test. I think it was horrible now they treated those who failed maths.. Also very disorganised at every step, including facilities, tests and scoring time. They could have conducted the test twice as fast if it wasn't for the separation of the two tests. I'll have an interview at mdx in February and I'm really happy I got offered a date:-)
Hey i am new here.. i just wondering what sort of questions do have in lsbu literacy test?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey i am new here.. i just wondering what sort of questions do have in lsbu literacy test?
Reply 10
Basically there was a text on recycling and then there were like 5qs on the text such as purpose, spelling mistakes, grammar etc, very basic. Then there was an essay on obesity. It's jest like the sample test on their website but obviously different text and as.
Original post by Agata8
Yeah I did the test at lsbu yesterday and Middlesex last saturday and I think the contrast between the two unis was very drastic. I haven't obviously received the results from lsbu yet but passed maths test. I think it was horrible now they treated those who failed maths.. Also very disorganised at every step, including facilities, tests and scoring time. They could have conducted the test twice as fast if it wasn't for the separation of the two tests. I'll have an interview at mdx in February and I'm really happy I got offered a date:-)

First off, congratulations for getting an interview at Middlesex!!! :biggrin:

I strongly dislike LSBU mainly because of the things you have previously mentioned.

LSBU thought that I wouldn't make it as a nurse, whereas Middlesex believed that I can become a successful nurse.

The way the woman spoke to those who failed the maths test was just disrespectful and unnecessary. Why can't they let everyone do the maths and English test, then send an email to those who have passed and failed?

Then afterwards, they said that we cannot apply to their institution until the next applicant cycle. Seriously? There are other uni's that are willing to take people on the same course.

Anyway, everything works out for the best :biggrin:

I wish you luck with the Middlesex Interview ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Agata8

I have an interview with Middlesex in Feb. too. So glad I made it through.
Original post by akuaap
I have an interview with Middlesex in Feb. too. So glad I made it through.

Middlesex interview next Thursday :smile: See you all there :biggrin:
Don't feel bad about it. There's a reason for everything, and you will get a uni that is better than southbank.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on MDX! It's my first choice too and I have my interview there Thursday eeeek! Can you tell me what the interview was like? I don't think I come across great face to face so any help would be appreciated. They say I need to be there from 9.30 to 12, what do they do with you for 2 1/2 hours? Any tips what to have prepared answer wise? Finally, how long did they wait to tell you that you were in? Thank you so much, I know it's a lot to ask xxxxx
Original post by pollyabu
Congratulations on MDX! It's my first choice too and I have my interview there Thursday eeeek! Can you tell me what the interview was like? I don't think I come across great face to face so any help would be appreciated. They say I need to be there from 9.30 to 12, what do they do with you for 2 1/2 hours? Any tips what to have prepared answer wise? Finally, how long did they wait to tell you that you were in? Thank you so much, I know it's a lot to ask xxxxx

Hey!! Thank you :biggrin:

The interviewers are lovely and it's not as frightening as you think. It's ok to feel nervous! I was nervous myself, because there were two nursing lecturers asking questions and writing down on a piece of paper. It's hard to stay calm and to answer questions slowly, despite them saying that you should "take your time".

All the questions they asked, the answers appeared straight away lol

The questions are straightforward, and there's no twist to them. They just want to know more about you, and your knowledge about the profession.

They will ask why you want to do nursing, care experience, cultural awareness, the differences within job roles e.g healthcare assistant and nurse, current issues in the NHS or nursing (they will ask about both), your qualities and if you have any questions.

As for the waiting time, they give you a drink voucher and then once everyone is registered, they will take you to another building where the interview takes place.

I think they call everyone in order, so you might be waiting for a while until they call you. During that time, you can talk to other candidates and do more research on your phone etc.

The interview lasts for 30 mins, but I managed to finish in 15 minutes whereas, other people just took long lol

They got back to me in a week with their decision. Sometimes it could take up to two weeks.

The main thing is to be yourself and to answer the questions as honest as possible.

Since it's your first choice, I'm sure they will know how much you want to study with them ^_^

Make sure you read articles relating to the NHS and Nursing!

Good luck with the interview :biggrin: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

And also, they will ask about the advantages and disadvantages of working in a team :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww you are too good!! Thank you so much, I feel much more prepared now, been reading up on the Francis Report this morning when the kids were still asleep so will just fine tune my answers to everything else on the list you mentioned :smile: Hope to see you in September and I'll let you know how it goes Thursday x
Aww you are too good!! Thank you so much, I feel much more prepared now, been reading up on the Francis Report this morning when the kids were still asleep so will just fine tune my answers to everything else on the list you mentioned :smile: Hope to see you in September and I'll let you know how it goes Thursday x

Also search up on the A&E crisis. There are so many articles about it and is a major issue right now.

You are most welcome :biggrin:! Hopefully we will see each other in September too ^_^!

Message me about the interview, I'm looking forward to hearing from your experience with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone. I have a LSBU interview on Friday. I am rubbish at maths and I am currently retaking it. What sort of questions did they ask? I'm going to spend the entire week revising maths but I'm pretty bad at at. Was the maths test similar to the tes one they have on their website? Reading everyone's comments has made me really nervous.

Thanks in advance.
Abi xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending