The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The Edinburgh FAQ and 'Ask a Student' thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abramovic
Hi! I'm good, how about you? Yup, I sent my application! :smile: I really don't know whether to feel excited or scared, though.

Yeah, all is well. Me too, I sent it a couple of days ago, so no offers/rejections yet of course. I'm very nervous, I feel like I'm not getting in at any uni haha. It's not too bad though, if I don't get in I'll go to the University of Antwerp. To which uni are you going if you're not getting in at any uni in the UK??
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Hildegardium
Yeah, all is well. Me too, I sent it a couple of days ago, so no offers/rejections yet of course. I'm very nervous, I feel like I'm not getting in at any uni haha. It's not too bad though, if I don't get in I'll go to the University of Antwerp. To which uni are you going if you're not getting in at any uni in the UK??

I'll be attending the University of Amsterdam in case I won't receive any offers! :smile: Let's hope we'll get some offers, though. :biggrin:
I'll be attending the University of Amsterdam in case I won't receive any offers! :smile: Let's hope we'll get some offers, though. :biggrin:

Haha yeah, maybe I should be a bit more positive! :biggrin: To which uni's did you apply for at the end?
Haha yeah, maybe I should be a bit more positive! :biggrin: To which uni's did you apply for at the end?

I applied to Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Glasgow, King's College London and Manchester! :smile: How about you?
I applied to Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Glasgow, King's College London and Manchester! :smile: How about you?

Great universities! I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Leeds and Sussex. I'm not sure if I can afford to study in England, though. :tongue:
Original post by cchan1120
Hi! I have an offer for English Literature from Edin (2015 entry) and I was wondering if any current students at the university could tell me more about the English course? I would also like to learn more about the general atmosphere in Edinburgh!!

May I ask what grades you achieved and your predicted grades? Do you think you'll firm? Also applying for edinburgh university!! First choice after being rejected from cambridge haah
Original post by gnathaniel1
May I ask what grades you achieved and your predicted grades? Do you think you'll firm? Also applying for edinburgh university!! First choice after being rejected from cambridge haah

Hey!!! You applied to Edin too! :biggrin: It's a wonderful university!!! :biggrin: I got 8A*s at GCSE and was predicted 43/45 in the IB :smile: I think I will insure Edinburgh because they offered me 34 (with 555 at Higher Level Subjects). I'll be firming Durham because its my favorite course! Also my first choice after being rejected from Oxford post interview haha :smile:

What about you? Will you firm Edin?
Any humanities/social science students going to the post-offer open day on the 25th March or 1st April? Do any of you current students recommend it?
Original post by josephperryliu
Any humanities/social science students going to the post-offer open day on the 25th March or 1st April? Do any of you current students recommend it?

I've applied to help out and I hope they let me. It seems to be a nice opportunity to ask questions and familiarise yourself with the campus. I think that if you have the means and time to make it to the open day, it'd probably be pretty beneficial :smile: As I see it, you don't stand anything to lose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cchan1120
Hey!!! You applied to Edin too! :biggrin: It's a wonderful university!!! :biggrin: I got 8A*s at GCSE and was predicted 43/45 in the IB :smile: I think I will insure Edinburgh because they offered me 34 (with 555 at Higher Level Subjects). I'll be firming Durham because its my favorite course! Also my first choice after being rejected from Oxford post interview haha :smile:

What about you? Will you firm Edin?

In fact I haven't heard from them at all!! :frown: I have offers from durham, ucl and bristol but in all honesty, I love the edinburgh course so much especially with their flexibility so If I get an offer, I will definitely firm :smile:
And yeah I also got 8A* at gcse (alongside another 4 As) haha but doing a-levels instead so i'm just waiting :frown: where else have you applied?
Original post by gnathaniel1
In fact I haven't heard from them at all!! :frown: I have offers from durham, ucl and bristol but in all honesty, I love the edinburgh course so much especially with their flexibility so If I get an offer, I will definitely firm :smile:
And yeah I also got 8A* at gcse (alongside another 4 As) haha but doing a-levels instead so i'm just waiting :frown: where else have you applied?

Edinburgh came to my school in Hong Kong last week, and apparently people haven't been getting offers because of staff change (I know this because my friend applied for Law and was told this!) Anyways I think the system is back on so you'll probably be getting an offer soon! Fingers crossed! Yes, the flexibility of the Edinburgh course is amazing and it's one of my favorites out of my 5 choices! I really like the fact that specialization really happens in third year... and Edin is a beautiful city!

The wait will be over soon! And you have some amazing offers from some wonderful schools!

I have offers from Durham, Exeter, St. Andrews and Edin, and was rejected from Oxford. :smile:

Good luck! I really hope you get Edinburgh!
Great universities! I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Leeds and Sussex. I'm not sure if I can afford to study in England, though. :tongue:

Have you gotten any offers yet? I received my first offer yesterday, which is from Manchester! :biggrin:
Hi
I am an international student from India and I have applied to the University of Edinburgh for BSc honours in Biological sciences through UCAS. I applied before January 15. Around when will I get a response?

I am new to TSR and I am not too sure how to go about this.I also have a lot of questions about uni life. Would love to hear from you guys!!:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by amritakc
Hi
I am an international student from India and I have applied to the University of Edinburgh for BSc honours in Biological sciences through UCAS. I applied before January 15. Around when will I get a response?

I am new to TSR and I am not too sure how to go about this.I also have a lot of questions about uni life. Would love to hear from you guys!!:smile:

I applied in mid October and got an offer at the start of December. From what I've gathered, Edinburgh's been giving out offers fairly quickly (for subjects that are not insanely competitive) for the last two years. Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Have you gotten any offers yet? I received my first offer yesterday, which is from Manchester! :biggrin:

Ohh sorry i forgot to reply! I got on offer from Glasgow and still waiting for the other four. I'm very happy about the offer, but unfortunately it's slightly too high for me. I'm hoping aberdeen or edinburgh will give me an offer that's achievable :smile: what about you?? Any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied in mid October and got an offer at the start of December. From what I've gathered, Edinburgh's been giving out offers fairly quickly (for subjects that are not insanely competitive) for the last two years. Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot..hope I get some good news soon:smile:...may I know which course you applied for?:smile:
Original post by amritakc
Hey thanks a lot..hope I get some good news soon:smile:...may I know which course you applied for?:smile:

Economics and Management Science, as an international student (been studying in this country for the past 5 yrs though)
Ohh sorry i forgot to reply! I got on offer from Glasgow and still waiting for the other four. I'm very happy about the offer, but unfortunately it's slightly too high for me. I'm hoping aberdeen or edinburgh will give me an offer that's achievable :smile: what about you?? Any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great, congratulations! :biggrin: I have gotten an offer from Manchester so far. :smile:
Economics and Management Science, as an international student (been studying in this country for the past 5 yrs though)

Oh that's great...thanks again..all the best:smile:
Hey, any Biomed/Pharmacology students?

Just wondering if most of you're time is spent at George Square or Kings?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending