The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield questions answered!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hello, I'm going to be starting Psychology as an undergraduate course in September, but ive been doing German for a level and was wondering if there were any opportunities to carry on with German somehow, through extra modules perhaps, or something else?
Thanks x
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by F_mda
Hello, I'm going to be starting Psychology as an undergraduate course in September, but ive been doing German for a level and was wondering if there were any opportunities to carry on with German somehow, through extra modules perhaps, or something else?
Thanks x

I don't think this thread is manned anymore cos the original post was made in 2011. But I know that you might be able to do a combined honors degree instead of a straight Psychology one, but I'm not sure if that subject can be included in that degree. Other than that though, there's a languages society (https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfHuddersfieldLanguageSociety) where you could probably keep learning it. You wouldn't get any qualifications in german that way though. If you wanted to learn more about the combined honors though, you'd be best off contacting the department for your course and asking them about it. [email protected].
How long does it usually take for the university to confirm an offer? I am still waiting for mine.
So, I just arrived like a week ago to manchester, I am doing Engineering from University of Huddersfield. And I wanted to ask if its economically worth the trouble to live here in manchester and go to huddersfield for studying every time. Are there any buses that travel from manchester to huddersfield, or is the train more feasible.

Thanks.
Original post by cynicalpaki
So, I just arrived like a week ago to manchester, I am doing Engineering from University of Huddersfield. And I wanted to ask if its economically worth the trouble to live here in manchester and go to huddersfield for studying every time. Are there any buses that travel from manchester to huddersfield, or is the train more feasible.

Thanks.

I don't think this thread is live anymore but if I were you, I'd probably just live at Huddersfield as from what you've said - I presume you're an international student/not local to Manchester & Huddersfield?

Trains are pretty frequent from Manchester e.g. Piccadilly though, so it's possible to commute everyday.
Original post by Archengsculp
I don't think this thread is live anymore but if I were you, I'd probably just live at Huddersfield as from what you've said - I presume you're an international student/not local to Manchester & Huddersfield?

Trains are pretty frequent from Manchester e.g. Piccadilly though, so it's possible to commute everyday.

International student yes, but living with my father at the moment in manchester, which is why i was wondering if it was possible to go everyday. When I was in my country i thought It was possible, but now I'm beginning to think it isn't. Since train tickets cost alot, and I have yet to find a pass or a student discount.
Original post by cynicalpaki
International student yes, but living with my father at the moment in manchester, which is why i was wondering if it was possible to go everyday. When I was in my country i thought It was possible, but now I'm beginning to think it isn't. Since train tickets cost alot, and I have yet to find a pass or a student discount.

I suppose it would be, if you're willing to put up with commuting every day.. there are quite a few students I know of who will be driving/taking the train from nearby cities/towns etc. too.

In my personal opinion I think Manchester is too far to travel everyday, but if money is the issue then I guess you could bite the bullet and see how it goes for this year? Think about the workload you might receive too.
hi I'm going to be in my second year and I realised I can't view my results from summer anymore how can I get these again as I want to keep a copy of them
Buy a railcard, it'll cost like £4 to go from manchester to huddersfield
Actually, it doesn't. My bf sometimes stays over at mine and he works in Central Manchester.. It costs him £12/£14 every morning for a return ticket to go from Hudds to Piccadilly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Claire, My name is Fiona (Fee) Worrall. I am a 54 year old Chiropodist/podiatrist at the present time. However, I am wanting a change in career and as my previous studies were mostly science based I feel as if I would like to indulge my natural creative bent and perhaps study for an Art/design Foundation course with a view to progressing to a degree course in the future. I was hoping that I would qualify for a suitable course through the 24+ loans scheme and I would appreciate your advice and suggestions as to how I might get onto one of your courses. I do have an art "O" level and have always had craft based hobbies such as: quilling, embroidery, card making, knitting and I am in a re-enactment group so have been used to making authentic period costumes for my family and myself over the 40 years I have been involved. I look forward to hearing from you very soon. Best wishes Fee Worrall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending