The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor PGCE Primary 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyO-J
Hi
I Have got onto the Primary PGCE at Bangor, just wondering if anyone knows when it starts? as i'm working in America all summer and dont get home until 30th Aug!
:smile:

From other years I don't think it starts until September so you should be fine :smile: Enjoy America :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
Thanks Alison :smile:,

That is a big help. I will be sure to let you know if I am accepted. My sister done her degree in Bangor over 3 years, so I would have some knowledge of the geographic of the area from visiting her :smile:
All going well you can bring the Taytos and I'll bring the teabags! :smile: Haha
Thanks again,
Barry.
Reply 22
Hi, I just accepted a place for the PGCE 2014/2015 course. Does anyone else know where they'll be living while on the lecture blocks? I'm hoping to do my teaching prac in Pembrokeshire so I only need short term lets.
Carys
Hi guys!

I got accepted to do Bangor's Lower Primary PGCE (3-7) English medium! Was great that I had the admissions officer as my interviewer, accepted there and then, on the condition I get my degree of course!

Hopefully see you all there in September!
Hey guys,

Been accepted to do my PGCE (3-7) in September :smile: can't wait!

I am from Cardiff so cant exactly travel in, has anyone sorted accommodation yet?

Not sure what to do hah!

Thanks
Catherine.
Original post by Catherineht92
Hey guys,

Been accepted to do my PGCE (3-7) in September :smile: can't wait!

I am from Cardiff so cant exactly travel in, has anyone sorted accommodation yet?

Not sure what to do hah!

Thanks
Catherine.

Hi Catherine!

Congrats on being accepted! I am doing the 7-11 PGCE in September too :smile:

I am moving over from Ireland, so in the same boat, can't exactly travel in haha :smile: Not sure what to do with the living situation, any ideas with placement/college and all that?

So excited :smile:

Alison
Hey there :smile: I got accepted for the upper primary pgce course..I am pretty baffled by the accommodation part in bangor though. Any info? Xxx
Reply 27
Hey all!
I just got sent the calendar for the year.
Has anyone any ideas about accommodation? We only need to be in collage for a few weeks so I don't want to have to rent somewhere for a full year. I'm starting to panic a little now!
So we start on the 1st September?! Thought it would have been a little later :s
Hi, I'm also starting an Upper Primary PGCE in Bangor this Sept, not got a clue about accommodation though! Anyone got any ideas? Thanks ! xx
Hi everyone :smile:

I set up a group on Facebook for everyone who is in the course just so it wont feel like the first day of school all over again and there will be a few friendly faces :smile:

Might be able to help sort out accommodation queries etc that everyone has :smile: Hopefully it will help!

Ali :smile: xo
Hi, thats such a good idea ! Whats the group called? Looking forward to september now ! :smile:
Thanks ! xx
Original post by laurah1993
Hi, thats such a good idea ! Whats the group called? Looking forward to september now ! :smile:
Thanks ! xx

Oh I was meant to post the link haha here it is :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441714879423660/

Bangor University primary PGCE 2014/15

Original post by AlisonLuttrell
Oh I was meant to post the link haha here it is :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441714879423660/

Bangor University primary PGCE 2014/15

haha thanks ! this will be so helpful! :smile: x
Reply 34
Hey everyone, I'm starting the primary pgce 7-11 course aswell, really can't wait now till lectures start ( I know I won't be saying that once they've started though haha) .
Original post by AlisonLuttrell
Hi guys :smile:

I just got word last week that I have gotten accepted to Bangor and so happy! Just wondering has anyone else heard back? I am doing upper primary 7-11 English medium!

I am travelling from Ireland too, so excited!

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing! Just wanted to let you know about another option for students in Bangor. Neuadd Willis is almost next door to the station and close to the town center and university buildings.

If you give our Accommodation Manager Nigel a call on 01248 371 450 he can give you much more info and book you in for a viewing if you are visiting Bangor! Or take a look at our website for more details and for photos - www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/neuaddwillis

Many Thanks,
Katie @ Fresh
Congratulations to all of you who have got a place at Bangor for the PGCE in 2014/15. I have just completed the PGCE in Upper Primary there. Its a great course and a very good university, though it is a lot of work, manageable if you're organised though. As I don't officially start my teaching post until September I should have some time free over the summer so if anyone has any questions and wants to ask someone who has just completed the course then please feel free to ask me here or PM me.
Hi guys, I've just finished my pgce and I'm selling my books

They were a massive help and cost £120 at the start of the year

Search katrina1236 on eBay, it should come up with the books

Good luck

X
Reply 38
Hi
I was just wondering how you've found the course, especially those from Ireland and also everyone on the 3-7 years course? Thinking of applying this year but bit worried as I don't know any Welsh!
Original post by fiozzers
Hi
I was just wondering how you've found the course, especially those from Ireland and also everyone on the 3-7 years course? Thinking of applying this year but bit worried as I don't know any Welsh!

Yeah don't worry about the Welsh not much will be expected of you bar 2/3 everyday phrases in school, nice grant incentive to a Irish students & of course who wants to do a 2yr postgrad at home after a 4 yr undergrad!! Apply to UCAS if you haven't already done so! If you want to ask any more questions just search Barra De Bhal on FB..il be the 1 with the stupid paddy cap! Not really on this thing!

Quick Reply

Latest