The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen music scene?

I'm hoping to get into the University of Aberdeen for September 2015.

I was simply wondering if there are any students from Aberdeen on here that have any idea of what the music scene is like over there? Lots going on?

Ideally I'd be looking at going to gigs, but also perhaps getting involved by joining a band, or performing solo

Cheers for any replies!
Hi there,

I've moved this thread from Uni Life to the University of Aberdeen forum - they should be better equipped able to answer your question.

:smile:

- RF
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by johnnystrachan
I'm hoping to get into the University of Aberdeen for September 2015.

I was simply wondering if there are any students from Aberdeen on here that have any idea of what the music scene is like over there? Lots going on?

Ideally I'd be looking at going to gigs, but also perhaps getting involved by joining a band, or performing solo

Cheers for any replies!

Hey :smile:

I'll be honest, the music scene in Aberdeen isn't as big as a lot of cities (I'm from York and personally feel there is more going on there) BUT there are some good venues, eg The Tunnels and Drummonds. There's bands on etc but it's quite rare that you can see anyone moderately big without going down to Glasgow or Edinburgh. But the scene is there if you look for it and my lack of experience compared to home could be due to my friends at home being more interested in coming to stuff with me.

Uni is what you make of it, Aberdeen is fairly big and there are musicians about to form a band with :smile: there are open mic nights around the city so you're not short of places to go and play to get started. Hope I helped somewhat! :smile:
Original post by hollybeth
Hey :smile:

I'll be honest, the music scene in Aberdeen isn't as big as a lot of cities (I'm from York and personally feel there is more going on there) BUT there are some good venues, eg The Tunnels and Drummonds. There's bands on etc but it's quite rare that you can see anyone moderately big without going down to Glasgow or Edinburgh. But the scene is there if you look for it and my lack of experience compared to home could be due to my friends at home being more interested in coming to stuff with me.

Uni is what you make of it, Aberdeen is fairly big and there are musicians about to form a band with :smile: there are open mic nights around the city so you're not short of places to go and play to get started. Hope I helped somewhat! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

My other big choice is University of Reading - the music scene down there seems a lot more developed so that's a very big pull!

Thanks for the answer, helped a lot! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending