The Student Room Group

Camp America 2015?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't worry, not everyone can make it! A lot of people (maybe even the majority) get placed via their online application! :smile: the process just take a little bit longer as a lot of camps will be looking through all the online ones now! You still have a good chance of getting placed, i would say it is still quite early which is a good thing :smile:
Original post by mollyx
I can't make any of the recruitment fairs, so what are my chances of being placed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really struggling to attach my video to my americamp footprints application, and the hard copy of one of my references! Can anyone help me? My deadline is today :frown:
I went to the Camp America fair in London and queued for 1hr45 before and was still behind 200 people. I got in and headed to find the camp I liked; I was in the queue for 10 seconds and some lad joined behind. I recognised him, I met him 4-5 ago on holiday in spain and we hadn't seen each other since... We both got placed at the same camp in Texas!
Mickey27 - can't quote you for some reason but if you email Americamp they will help you out & attach it for you! I got stuck on that bit too, my PC wasn't having it.
I had an interview for AmeriCamp on Thursday (22nd) and now it's the 26th.

Is there anything to worry about? I haven't heard anything from them.
No I wouldn't worry at all, I think at this time of year all camp directors and really busy, its most likely just a mix up with schedule or something! I wouldn't worry, be excited for it :smile: You will do great!
Original post by snowystarks
I had an interview for AmeriCamp on Thursday (22nd) and now it's the 26th.

Is there anything to worry about? I haven't heard anything from them.
Original post by TwoLimes
Mickey27 - can't quote you for some reason but if you email Americamp they will help you out & attach it for you! I got stuck on that bit too, my PC wasn't having it.

Thanks :smile: Finally managed to upload it to youtube and send by email :smile: Now just waiting on my final referee and I'll be ready to place :wink: How about you, are you placed yet?
Just got hired by Camp Helen Brachman in Wisconsin - so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mickey27
Thanks :smile: Finally managed to upload it to youtube and send by email :smile: Now just waiting on my final referee and I'll be ready to place :wink: How about you, are you placed yet?

Awesome - good luck! Yep, I got placed at the camp fairs, I'm off to a day camp in CT :smile:
Original post by Butterfly9595
Just got hired by Camp Helen Brachman in Wisconsin - so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Its so exciting :biggrin:
Original post by Caraaaa95
Congrats! Its so exciting :biggrin:

I know! So buzzing for the summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know what I'll do about uni if I go to camp at tje beginning of june and come back late August? I've got one offer so far, what will I do about sorting it out and accommodation? I'm not sure who to ask to find this info out?
Reply 212
Hello.
I consider to apply for camp in America for this summer 2015, but I can not decide with which company to go. I found AmericaCamp, Camp America, Camp Leaders and CCUSA. They are so different and prices everything. I found this in Google http://www.savethestudent.org/student-jobs/american-summer-camps-comparison.html . Seriously I need information, because I can not decide and I do not have time and I think to not go. I am so confused, because have so many different opinions and I just can not decide.
Original post by emmahugh
No I wouldn't worry at all, I think at this time of year all camp directors and really busy, its most likely just a mix up with schedule or something! I wouldn't worry, be excited for it :smile: You will do great!

Thank you :smile: I called them just now and they said everything looked good and accepted me.
They said the camp directors are looking for people right now and i need to make a video ASAP for a good chance.

I have no idea what to say in my video. I'm not sporty and can't brag about tv marathons :'( !
Original post by Veselo
Hello.
I consider to apply for camp in America for this summer 2015, but I can not decide with which company to go. I found AmericaCamp, Camp America, Camp Leaders and CCUSA. They are so different and prices everything. I found this in Google http://www.savethestudent.org/student-jobs/american-summer-camps-comparison.html . Seriously I need information, because I can not decide and I do not have time and I think to not go. I am so confused, because have so many different opinions and I just can not decide.

Can we help at all? As you can see on Save The Student they name us number one. Also just to add to the mix you can also go to Camp Canada as well.

Much love and #FreeBiscuits

AmeriCamp x
Original post by emmahugh

Yes please do not worry. It's an insane time with everyone all over the place with probably too many #FreeBiscuits being ate!

Happy to help in anyway we can.

Much love

AmeriCamp x

Let us know if we can help

AmeriCamp x
Woo- I got placed at the weekend at Pequot Sherwood day camp after going to the Leeds camp fair on Saturday. It was super intense, I got VIP entry and it was rammed from then until I left at about 1.30. I was either queueing or being inerviewed (only managed to speak to 3 camps in that entire time), it was mental - but I'm very grateful for being placed - and for the help from Americamp!

You're making us blush!

Did you enjoy your #FreeBiscuits? We heard the cookie monster was trying to steal them all...

Congrats on getting #plACed we are so happy for you!

AmeriCamp x
Original post by Ndella
Yeah I know, but I doubt it was likely that the majority of people who went to the camp fairs would be placed. You'll never know, it's worth the try :smile:you don't get an answer unless you try right? :smile: Good luck in your exam today btw!

Can we help at all?

We actually have another camp fair in Manchester on Feb 15th at 11am!

Much Love and #FreeBiscuits

AmeriCamp x

Original post by AmeriCamp
Can we help at all?

We actually have another camp fair in Manchester on Feb 15th at 11am!

Much Love and #FreeBiscuits

AmeriCamp x

I missed the London one unfortunately but went to the Camp America one last Saturday. Unfortunately I did not fit the criteria for most of the jobs available at the fair so I will try my luck with the online application.

Quick Reply

Latest