The Student Room Group

KCL vs LSE

Have a bit of a dilemma over uni choices- I have been offered places for politics, philosophy and law at KCL with a scholarship and for politics and philosophy at LSE. I much preferred the LSE site and know it is more prestigious but prefer the KCL course, as it comes with a qualifying law degree + the money off is very tempting(50% off). Thoughts?
Original post by Banksonator
Have a bit of a dilemma over uni choices- I have been offered places for politics, philosophy and law at KCL with a scholarship and for politics and philosophy at LSE. I much preferred the LSE site and know it is more prestigious but prefer the KCL course, as it comes with a qualifying law degree + the money off is very tempting(50% off). Thoughts?

What do you want to do in future?
Reply 2
I much preferred the LSE site and know it is more prestigious but prefer the KCL course, as it comes with a qualifying law degree + the money off is very tempting(50% off).

KCL? It's still a great university. As long as you get a good 2.1 or 1st from either of these, I doubt law firms (or other firms) will care. It will depend much more on your extra-curriculars, cover letter, cv overall and interview performance.

https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings-articles/world-university-rankings/top-universities-uk-2021
You don't need a qualifying law degree to go into a legal career. Do you actually want to study law as an academic subject? Studying law and working in the legal sector are quite different prospects (and as noted, you don't need to do the former to go into the latter - and doing the former doesn't even make it easier to go into the latter, statistically speaking).

Quick Reply

Latest