The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BWCW
I've got my second test next Friday, haven't driven since my first one... wasn't really planning on any more lessons, but my driving instructor seems to want me to do another one. Not sure what to do. :frown:

I would have one. I never had any between my first and second test, failed my first one on something stupid and didn't feel anymore lessons would help. But I took another lesson between my second and third tests and definitely found it helped. I had it the day before my test and found that I got most of the nerves and anxiety, that I'd built up, out of my system on that lesson allowing me to have what felt like an easier test.
So I'd say have just one more lesson as close to your test as you can, you might not feel like it'll do anything but if your instructor thinks it's best then it probably is
Original post by malliemacie
Passed my 2nd test with 2 minors 😊

Well done. How do you feel?
Just booked my second test for 10th February! Came home from school jumped straight on the computer looking for cancellations and there it was! Delighted:biggrin:

Quite excited as I know I can do it, just one silly mistake that let me down last time. Hoping I don't get so nervous this time and this excitement helps me get through it!:smile:
Original post by TaajMan
Just booked my second test for 10th February! Came home from school jumped straight on the computer looking for cancellations and there it was! Delighted:biggrin:

Quite excited as I know I can do it, just one silly mistake that let me down last time. Hoping I don't get so nervous this time and this excitement helps me get through it!:smile:

I'm so glad you feel like that because I did on my second attempt and passed because I knew what I did wrong last time and i knew I was more than capable of nailing it. Good luck!!!
Original post by SazzyM92
I'm so glad you feel like that because I did on my second attempt and passed because I knew what I did wrong last time and i knew I was more than capable of nailing it. Good luck!!!

Thanks!!!
Good luck for your next test, hope it goes well for you... its really disheartening when you fail your first for something so stupid let us know how you get off

Thanks im confident I'll pass next time as I change the test centre and no what to expect now. You are right it is very frustrating and disheartening, but you just have to take it positively and stay strong and not give up. I'll definitely be letting you know whether I pass or fail by wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you if you have your exam.
Original post by SazzyM92
Well done. How do you feel?

Im so happy :smile: was sure id failed because i was doing a parralel park and my wheel touched the kerb so i put it in first and corrected it, he only put it as a minor thank god so happy i dun av to sit another test they r so nerve wracking and i hate a really nice examiner this time and he put me at ease on the whole drive
Passed my 2nd test with 2 minors

Only just saw this but congrats!! :biggrin:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Only just saw this but congrats!! :biggrin:

Thank you 😊 just glad i havent got to sit another test
I passed my test on Tuesday 27/1/15 it was my 4th test the first 2 I got 1 dangerous and 3 minors. The third one I failed the eye sight test (weird since I had failed my test two weeks before but passed the eye sight part) that took nearly a year to sort out but I managed to pass this time with 9 minors.
Original post by Sam.R91
I passed my test on Tuesday 27/1/15 it was my 4th test the first 2 I got 1 dangerous and 3 minors. The third one I failed the eye sight test (weird since I had failed my test two weeks before but passed the eye sight part) that took nearly a year to sort out but I managed to pass this time with 9 minors.

Congrats :smile:
Original post by Mmmmmmbgh
You've got to see how it would affect others behind you so if there was an upcoming roundabout you would look in your mirrors and think there is a car right up my ass so I will have to take more time to brake and so that they don't slam on their brakes. Your braking also shouldn't be a last minute thing you need to do it in plenty of time.

That would make sense, I try and repress that memory, passed so its academic now, thanks.
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Congrats :smile:

when is your next test?

hope u pass it 4th time like i did - 2 months since i passed and must have done around 700 miles now by myself - crash free :wink:
Original post by Emilyeagleowl
That would make sense, I try and repress that memory, passed so its academic now, thanks.

Congratulations! It's an amazing to just go out and drive whenever you want on your own
Congratulations! It's an amazing to just go out and drive whenever you want on your own

Thank you very much :smile: and it is. Freedom!
Original post by BarBar-John
when is your next test?

hope u pass it 4th time like i did - 2 months since i passed and must have done around 700 miles now by myself - crash free :wink:

It's in 2 weeks eeek :tongue: I have 1 lesson this week and next week then one before the test so hopefully I will do it :biggrin:
I drove around with my Dad for about 6 weeks after I failed in December so have a lot more experience, just need that luck on the day!
Thank you very much :smile: and it is. Freedom!

Have you got a car? How's the insurance quotes?
Have you got a car? How's the insurance quotes?

I have a nissan micro ally from about 15 years ago, (I'm at uni so my mum and dad are looking after it) the quote when I first passed was about 800 from Admiral and its dropped about a hundred pounds. I cannot afford my insurance so my parents deal with it...(dad really wanted me to drive). The model of car is important so I am told.
I have a nissan micro ally from about 15 years ago, (I'm at uni so my mum and dad are looking after it) the quote when I first passed was about 800 from Admiral and its dropped about a hundred pounds. I cannot afford my insurance so my parents deal with it...(dad really wanted me to drive). The model of car is important so I am told.

Oh wow that's cheap. Mine is £2000 a year. Works out as a deposit of £350 and then £150 a month which is so expensive for an apprentice. I've only got a ford fieata flight 1.3litre. Previous car was a 1.8litre (had a lot of engine repairs so I scraped it) the insurance wa so much on that
Reply 3739
I need to be more observant! Hoping to pass next month!!

Latest

Trending

Trending