The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Student finance just decided there not supporting me!

I have previously been to University for 2 years and dropped out due to personal reasons. I applied for student finance in May 2014 for a new course at a new uni and got accepted for this. Since than I have had 2 letters one in May 2014 and one in December 2014 telling me that my tuition loan will be paid directly to the University (I started my first semester in October 2014). Last week i received a letter from the student loan repayment office informing me that they cannot support me in 2014/15 academic year despite previously being told I would be supported fully through student finance and today I have received an invoice from my university. I have rang up the student finance company but as suspect got nothing more than an apology and no other help. I know have until 25/02/2015 to pay £8900 which I have no way of doing. Can anyone suggest any help please?
Your entitlment is Length of course + 1 - previous years study. Depending on why you dropped out, you can have additional years funding. For example, if you were ill. Does that apply to you?
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Welcome to the world of student finance! Basically they are completely useless!! I did 1 year of a degree previously plus 1 re-sit exam, I did not have student finance except the maintenance for the last 2 terms. I am now doing a different degree and apparently because I had 2 terms maintenance and did 1 re-sit (which I had no funding for) I have had 2 years full funding and the fact that I have changed to a different degree means I am not taking it seriously and will swap again so they won't give me anything at all.

At least that is what I was told the last time I rang them. They are useless and tell me a different story every time I ring up. More hassle than they are worth! Now given up and just have to us my savings & get a part time job to pay for uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending