The Student Room Group

The Sony Playstation Society V

Scroll to see replies

I got a PS4 with my phone contract. Have had it for over two weeks now but haven't touched it because I have no games. I get paid next Friday so what games should I snag aside from FIFA/Advanced Warfare?
Original post by AugustWestie
It is better than nothing, I wasn't complaining. :tongue:

And I decided to use it after all. I'll be picking up the Game of Thrones Season Pass at the very reasonable price of £12.59. :biggrin: I've been itching to purchase Tales of Hearts R as well so I'll probably get that too. It's still cheaper for a physical copy but the rest of my Vita games are digital, so why break the trend?

Oh, I know that you weren't :h: It's just that oh-so-many others are :rolleyes:

Tales of Hearts R has tempted me from time to time, but I can't quite convince myself to take the plunge - I typically lean towards the 3DS over the PS Vita - but that may change in time!

Did anyone in here ever actually play Xillia 2? I made the mistake of taking an extended break from the game and whilst I was enjoying it, I don't think I'm gonna be able to get back into it again. There's just something about the game that I don't like. Never really connected with the characters or the world the game is set in.

I need to - I picked up a copy of the Day 1 Edition when GAME discounted it post-Christmas. Getting back in to RPGs after a break is almost always a big ask, unfortunately. Still, go with what you enjoy at the time - that's the most important thing, for the most part.
Tales of Zestiria was released in Japan yesterday and that game is looking very promising. Such a shame that it's a PS3 exclusive but I guess I can live with that. The music and the battle system are both very Graces f-ish which are both massive pluses in my book. :biggrin: I'm hoping we'll get it within 6-7 months or so.

Ah, that's good new to hear! I have to admit that I've not really been keeping track of its release date, just know that it's due with us at *some* point this year. I'll need to go looking for some reviews, I think...

It's been a few weeks since completing Far Cry 4, but I've finally managed to clock up another platinum - this time in AC: Rogue, which was a great experience throughout. I'm now looking forward to getting stuck in to Unity despite its poor initial reception - by most accounts, it's much better post-patch - but I think I may take a bit of a diversion onto the recent PS Plus offerings and Valiant Hearts (alongside starting Captain Toad on the Wii U, as a side project').
Original post by Illusionary
Oh, I know that you weren't :h: It's just that oh-so-many others are :rolleyes:

Tales of Hearts R has tempted me from time to time, but I can't quite convince myself to take the plunge - I typically lean towards the 3DS over the PS Vita - but that may change in time!

I need to - I picked up a copy of the Day 1 Edition when GAME discounted it post-Christmas. Getting back in to RPGs after a break is almost always a big ask, unfortunately. Still, go with what you enjoy at the time - that's the most important thing, for the most part.

Ah, that's good new to hear! I have to admit that I've not really been keeping track of its release date, just know that it's due with us at *some* point this year. I'll need to go looking for some reviews, I think...

It's been a few weeks since completing Far Cry 4, but I've finally managed to clock up another platinum - this time in AC: Rogue, which was a great experience throughout. I'm now looking forward to getting stuck in to Unity despite its poor initial reception - by most accounts, it's much better post-patch - but I think I may take a bit of a diversion onto the recent PS Plus offerings and Valiant Hearts (alongside starting Captain Toad on the Wii U, as a side project').

Hah, totally understand the "side project." I have too many of those on the go at the moment. One of which is Etrian Odyssey Untold on 3DS. Have you played any of the Etrian Odyssey series? Very challenging but addictive dungeon crawlers. I've only played the one I'm playing at the moment (although it is a second playthrough) but I really do need to get Etrian Odyssey IV which is the first EO game on 3DS.

Playing anything on 3DS at the moment?
Hah, totally understand the "side project." I have too many of those on the go at the moment. One of which is Etrian Odyssey Untold on 3DS. Have you played any of the Etrian Odyssey series? Very challenging but addictive dungeon crawlers. I've only played the one I'm playing at the moment (although it is a second playthrough) but I really do need to get Etrian Odyssey IV which is the first EO game on 3DS.

Playing anything on 3DS at the moment?

Etrian Odyssey - no, not as yes, though I've come across it from time to time. A replay of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons via the eShop is what I have ongoing sporadically at the moment - particularly timely as we approach 13 February! :ahee:
Reply 164
Is the Driveclub PS+ edition the complete game? Some people have told me it is the full game whilst others say you get a limited no. of cars/tracks and you have to pay extra for the full game. £20 is a decent price and the 10% discount code will also come in useful.
Reply 165
Original post by Singh95
Is the Driveclub PS+ edition the complete game? Some people have told me it is the full game whilst others say you get a limited no. of cars/tracks and you have to pay extra for the full game. £20 is a decent price and the 10% discount code will also come in useful.

I've seen that you get a limited number of cars and tracks too. I ended up reading some old games in for the full game. Even then many cars and DLC campaign races are behind a pay wall which is really bad in my opinion.

If you're really into racing games and competing fairly then I'd hold out for Project Cars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone with a ps3 wanna add me on psn :colondollar:
Original post by Singh95

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/07/whats-included-driveclub-playstation-plus-edition/

The PS Plus edition of the game includes one location, 11 tracks and 10 cars. More details at the link above. :smile:

On the topic of PS Plus, keep an eye on the PS Blog this week for details of February's update. Wednesday would be the most likely day for the announcement, but it could come on another day. Personally, with its release this week I'd love to see Grim Fandango included - but that's a rather long shot, to be honest!

Original post by scriberg
anyone with a ps3 wanna add me on psn :colondollar:

Posting your PSN ID would be a good start if you'd like people to add you :tongue:
[QUOTE=Illusionary;

Posting your PSN ID would be a good start if you'd like people to add you :tongue:

sharvana_
Reply 169
Original post by Illusionary
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/07/whats-included-driveclub-playstation-plus-edition/

The PS Plus edition of the game includes one location, 11 tracks and 10 cars. More details at the link above. :smile:

On the topic of PS Plus, keep an eye on the PS Blog this week for details of February's update. Wednesday would be the most likely day for the announcement, but it could come on another day. Personally, with its release this week I'd love to see Grim Fandango included - but that's a rather long shot, to be honest!

For those who haven't played the game, you get locations like Scotland, Norway, India (couple of others I forget). And within each location is a bunch of circuits, road circuits and road point to point races/time trials. I unlocked a good 20+ cars in the full game so I wouldn't hold out for the PS Plus game if I was keen on driving games. I could have unlocked more, but it just involved grinding the levels to unlock them and I couldn't be bothered.

I wouldn't mind SSX or Saints Row 4. But I don't have much hope for that. Maybe Infamous Second Son for PS4? Again unlikely, but I can dream can't I? :tongue:
Original post by dhr90
For those who haven't played the game, you get locations like Scotland, Norway, India (couple of others I forget). And within each location is a bunch of circuits, road circuits and road point to point races/time trials. I unlocked a good 20+ cars in the full game so I wouldn't hold out for the PS Plus game if I was keen on driving games. I could have unlocked more, but it just involved grinding the levels to unlock them and I couldn't be bothered.

I wouldn't mind SSX or Saints Row 4. But I don't have much hope for that. Maybe Infamous Second Son for PS4? Again unlikely, but I can dream can't I? :tongue:

After First Light for January, Second Son immediately afterwards seems unlikely. :dontknow: It'll be particularly interesting to see what's offered for PS4 actually, given that this will be the first set of games after the two months that were pre-announced as including relatively big-name releases. Killzone Shadowfall and Knack have been speculated about being potential inclusions for a long time and seem more likely - but we'll know before long either way!
(edited 9 years ago)
For anyone who does want to buy Driveclub, get it for £14.99 here: http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps4/pf1-driveclub
Very pleasantly surprised at the February PS Plus IGC. :eek:

Entering PS Plus:
4th February: Apotheon (PS4)
4th February: Transistor (PS4)
4th February: Thief (PS3)
4th February: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
4th February: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
4th February: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

Apotheon certainly looks like it's worth a try. Thief and Transistor. :borat: Wish Thief was cross buy but oh well. Does anyone know how the PS3 version compares to PS4?

Already have Rogue Legacy, amazing game that everyone should try. :tongue: Kick and Fennick also looks like a nice little game.

Heard great things about the Yakuza series but might be a bit too much of a time sink for me at the moment.
Reply 173

Entering PS Plus:

Apotheon certainly looks like it's worth a try. Thief and Transistor. :borat: Wish Thief was cross buy but oh well. Does anyone know how the PS3 version compares to PS4?

Already have Rogue Legacy, amazing game that everyone should try. :tongue: Kick and Fennick also looks like a nice little game.

Heard great things about the Yakuza series but might be a bit too much of a time sink for me at the moment.

Not really sure what to make of that. May give them a go, but they don't excite me from what I've seen. I suspect personally that Thief will annoy me as I'll wish it were 3rd person, its why I couldn't get into Far Cry.

Yakuza may satisfy the Tekken craving I've had recently though. But I rarely use the PS3 now, the controller just feels wrong (never thought I would say that) coming from a DS4.

Entering PS Plus:

Indeed, this will be a, frankly, awesome month month for PS Plus :biggrin: I already have a boxed copy of Thief on PS4, but Apotheon, Transistor and Rogue Legacy are superb to have.... and justify my non-puchase of Rogue Legacy and Transistor up until now. :tongue:

I can't offer any direct experience of the difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions of Thief, but this might help? http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/02/27/thief-next-gen-vs-current-gen-graphic-comparison
I've been playing Borderlands 2 on the Vita this week. Took me a while to be able to aim at people and I had to turn off the gyroscope while aiming, but it is quite fun. Sometimes it can slow down, but it has been better ever since I noticed I could put it into offline mode.
Hello,
Anyone on PS4 and plays Call of Duty - Advanced Warfare add me if you want for team mates to generally play regularly.
My psn is UltraViolent23
=)
I've been researching a couple of Vita games coming out soon, for I am all but a hoarder when it comes to games and blu rays.

Including Criminal girls: Invite only. Amazon have a preorder price of ~£29.99, I've checked some footage, it wouldn't look out of place as a middling iOS game. All it has are tedious battles and the type of stuff that makes me unwilling to admit liking anime offline.

But at the same time I will go moeconsole and get Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth; 2, since I didn't really have room for the digital only first one.
Been playing Metro Redux today, brilliant game, would totally recommend especially for only £17. It's ridiculously cheap for such a lengthy experience

Quick Reply

Latest