Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by adesouza
Subject: Architecture
College: St. John's
Outcome (and conditions): Offer!! 766 at HL with 40 points
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): email
How do you feel? SHOCKED??

Wow I just got mine yesterday! Architecture at Johns with exactly the same condition!
Subject: Architecture
Outcome (and conditions): 766 at HL with 40 points
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): email
How do you feel? I really thought I messed lots of things in the interview but now I am in! So excited and this is also my first offer!
Name: Daniel
Subject: Classics (3 years)
College: St John's

Conditions: apparently unconditional ... I'm a bit surprised since I'm an international student from Austria and I thought they'd want me to take an IELTS/TOEFL exam. Maybe that's specified in the UCAS offer (I haven't received it yet)?

How did you hear? Email and letter on Monday

How did you feel? Absolutely great and relieved because I had really set my heart on Cambridge and St John's in particular. I was a bit skeptical about my success because I left one interview thinking that I had acted quite stupidly and that the professor was not really convinced of my abilities - and now, a dream has (almost) come true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 102
Subject: Land Economy
College: J
esus
Outcome (and conditions): Offered a place. Conditions: Swiss Matura with an average of a 5.1 and a 5.5 in Maths and Geography.
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): From my referee which got my letter as a CC a day before me.
How do you feel? Holy mother of Jesus. Did I really get a freaking offer O.O

Optiona
l extras:
Name: Paco
Country / hometown: Switzerland, Basel
Congratulations! I am from Switzerland as well, but got rejected. Glad to see some Swiss people getting in though :wink:
Reply 104
Original post by njth
Congratulations! I am from Switzerland as well, but got rejected. Glad to see some Swiss people getting in though :wink:

Nice! Cant find a lot of swiss peps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluteflute
Decision time is finally here, so here's the annual yay/boo thread. One response in the following format only please, and keep all chat to the other threads.

Subject:
College:
Outcome (and conditions):
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl):
How do you feel?

Optional extras:
Name:
Country / hometown:

Good luck everyone!

(and if you need something to do while you wait, look over the threads from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014)

Subject: Maths with Physics
College: Pembroke College
Outcome (and conditions): Conditional Offer (STEP II, III - 1, 1)
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): Email on request
How do you feel? I did not expect this outcome. MIT's rejection last year undermined my spirit and in a way I lost my confidence. So, the very first instants after I received the email I could barely realize what's going on. It will take time for me to fully understand the scale of this letter, and that now I am a Camb man, but so far I am just deeply satisfied and confident in myself enough to tackle new challenges with no fear to fail.

Optional extras:
Name: Alex
Country / hometown:
Russia/ Moscow
(edited 9 years ago)
Subject: Computer Science
College: Churchill (1st choice)
Outcome (and conditions): Unconditional (post A-level)
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): Letter at Thursday. The 5 extra days of waiting really bummed me out..
How do you feel?: I still can't quite wrap my head around it.

Optional extras:
Name: Andreas
Country / hometown: Cyprus
Subject: Mathematics
Outcome (and conditions): Offer (11 in STEP II and III)
How did you hear? Email
How do you feel? I'm very happy. I didn't think my interview went terribly well, and was very prepared for a rejection. I think that maybe my final school results helped me. Either way, the subjectivity is over, now I have to get that 11! Three of my friends who also applied for maths also got offers, two got SS from Trinity, and another got S1 (as well as a few other conditions) from Magdalene after being pooled, but hasn't met the conditions. Hoping he will call them up and see if they mind... he's a good friend and it'd be awesome to have three Aussie friends at Cambridge with me studying maths.

Optional Extras:
Name:
Charlie
Country / Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
Subject: History
College: Magdalene
Outcome (and conditions): Offer A*A*A (gulp)
How did you hear? Letter (applied to Clare, pooled, then letter from Magda on Thursday 16th)
How do you feel? Happy but filled with trepidation about that 2nd pesky A*
Reply 109
Hey from Copenhagen, Denmark.

Subject: HSPS (Human, Social and Political Sciences)
College: King's
Outcome and conditions: Conditional Offer for 38 IB Points
How did you hear: E-mail and then post
How do you feel: It's completely unreal. I was writing an application for a grant the other day and just putting "University of Cambridge" underneath my name was the craziest thing. Also feeling nervous about meeting the offer! (Even though it is so low it almost seems like a bad practical joke) :colondollar:
Original post by lurkie
Hey from Copenhagen, Denmark.

Subject: HSPS (Human, Social and Political Sciences)
College: King's
Outcome and conditions: Conditional Offer for 38 IB Points
How did you hear: E-mail and then post
How do you feel: It's completely unreal. I was writing an application for a grant the other day and just putting "University of Cambridge" underneath my name was the craziest thing. Also feeling nervous about meeting the offer! (Even though it is so low it almost seems like a bad practical joke) :colondollar:

Congratulations on your offer!

By the way, this is a really long shot but are you ethnically chinese? If so I might have spoken to you for a brief moment in the college hall on the morning of the 12th (I think I asked you whether you were from Singapore)
Subject: PGCE Early Years
College: Homerton
Outcome (and conditions): Offer (DBS, medical declaration, etc)
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): UCAS TT/letter
How do you feel? Didn't think I'd get in, but... I did
Country / hometown: Cambridge
Original post by mazzletazzle
Subject: History
College: Magdalene
Outcome (and conditions): Offer A*A*A (gulp)
How did you hear? Letter (applied to Clare, pooled, then letter from Magda on Thursday 16th)
How do you feel? Happy but filled with trepidation about that 2nd pesky A*

HOw come 2A*?!?
Original post by gnathaniel1
HOw come 2A*?!?
Standard at Magda
Reply 114
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
Subject: Engineering
College: Sidney Sussex
Outcome (and conditions): Offer - A*A*AA
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): Letter
How do you feel?: Absolutely over the moon! I'm in a slight state of shock! Can't believe it! Couldn't be any happier right now!

Country / hometown: Portsmouth, UK

Congrats on your offer! Wish you the best of luck. I was wondering if you can help me. I have a skype interview at Sidney Sussex and I am really creeped out. Can you please tell me what to expect? And how should I prepare for it? I am really doing my best but I would really appreciate it if you could tell me about any potential questions and any tips for answering them. Thank you in advance! And congratulations once again :smile:
Original post by Roman97
Congrats on your offer! Wish you the best of luck. I was wondering if you can help me. I have a skype interview at Sidney Sussex and I am really creeped out. Can you please tell me what to expect? And how should I prepare for it? I am really doing my best but I would really appreciate it if you could tell me about any potential questions and any tips for answering them. Thank you in advance! And congratulations once again :smile:

You have an interview now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by physicsmaths
You have an interview now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They winterpooled me as I had visa issues. And now they sent me a letter for a skype interview.. Any tips?
Original post by Roman97
They winterpooled me as I had visa issues. And now they sent me a letter for a skype interview.. Any tips?

Nerves are the only thing that messed me uo in the end of my first interview. As its on skype might be more comfortable. Just listen carefully to what they ask and say what you are thinking. Try to dismay any nerves as much as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by physicsmaths
Nerves are the only thing that messed me uo in the end of my first interview. As its on skype might be more comfortable. Just listen carefully to what they ask and say what you are thinking. Try to dismay any nerves as much as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I appreciate it.

Can you please tell me how was your interview? Any potential questions? And what sort of things do they focus on?
Original post by Roman97

Hi there! Thank you very much!
Sorry for the slow reply. All I can say is be logical. Talk through what you're thinking really clearly. That's the best advice I can give you.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending