The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Opinion of Huddersfield?

I'm in mixed minds whether to firm a conditional from Huddersfield or firm an unconditional from Bangor, so I was hoping people could give me honest opinions of Huddersfield, particularly for psychology as thats what I'm going to study. :smile:
Opinions on facilities, lecturers, course, nightlife, accommodation etc are really appreciated. :smile:
Original post by Morgierowe
I'm in mixed minds whether to firm a conditional from Huddersfield or firm an unconditional from Bangor, so I was hoping people could give me honest opinions of Huddersfield, particularly for psychology as thats what I'm going to study. :smile:
Opinions on facilities, lecturers, course, nightlife, accommodation etc are really appreciated. :smile:

Don't know if this is going to be any help since you posted in February but I went to an open day for psychology and I thought it was fantastic! I've recently changed to law but that's personal choice of course, not the university. The lecturers seemed really nice and helpful and the facilities looked great too! A lot better than I expected! The university has a very homely feel to it and the surrounding area seems nice too, although I can't really comment on it since I don't live there and haven't really experienced it. I've formed huds and booked storthes as my Accomodation so in my opinion I love the university.

Hope it helps a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,

I'm applying for Huddersfield too for Psychology - it looks amazing! I looked at loads of different accommodation, there are some nearer to the Uni than Storthes (more time for a lie in!). I went for viewings and Aspley House looks really good, plus a cinema which is cool.
Nightlife seems alright, plus you have Leeds and Manchester nearby for a big night out, freshers week there would be epic!

Hope it helps and might see you in September!
Original post by Morgierowe

I'm not doing psychology I'll be starting adult nursing at Hudds in september and I live in Holmfirth (10 mins away). The nightlife is really really good! A LOT of bars and clubs and it's a really eclectic mix theres different places for everyone, reggae, club, indie nights, camel club, rock bars so there's a lot going off! All the accommodation apart from storthes hall is literally a 4-5 minute walk around the corner to the uni. Its a great town to live in and there's lots of countryside to explore too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending